Thread: CDMA Mobile Driver

Beans

CDMA Mobile Driver

Mobile modem using qualcomm chipset is not easy to deployed in Linux. I hope linux developer or progammer can solve this. Therefore I upload my CDMA Modem XP driver here. My modem is manufactured by Alltronix (www.alltronix.com) with serial labeled ACM001. The chipset is qualcom. Vendor Id=05c6 and Product Id is 1000 form storage and 6000 for modem.
    I have obsession the driver can be hacked and change into linux driver. If there is somebody follow usb_modeswitch forum, please forward this tread to them. I hope this problem can be solved soon.

The file named AX MODE.rar. can be downloaded here.

If you can't easyly download the file, just mail me (nugroho.redbuff@gmail.com) then I will attach it to you. The file size is less then 1 MB.
    Last edited by nugroho.redbuff; October 30th, 2010 at 09:50 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: CDMA Mobile Driver

First the rar file download links give error.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access.
    Second this is probably not the best place to ask for someone to reverse engineer a windows driver for you.

I have obsession the driver can be hacked and change into linux driver.
    So why not learn & give it a go your self ?

If there is somebody follow usb_modeswitch forum, please forward this tread to them
    Why not post there yourself ?

It seems to me you want other people to do a lot for you & have not told us what you have tried in order to try to get this hardware to work.

Have you tried using usb_modeswitch ?

From usb_modeswitch website ...

Several new USB devices (especially high-speed wireless WAN stuff, there seems to be a chipset from Qualcomm offering that feature) have their MS Windows drivers onboard; when plugged in for the first time they act like a flash storage and start installing the driver from there.
    If it uses Qualcom chipset I would think it worth trying usb_modeswitch.

If you google a little you will find others have got this hardware to work quite easily....
    Linux Registered User #443947 Ubuntu Regestered User #12604

Hakunamatata ...... No worries !