Thread: Download/install

Beans

Exclamation Download/install

I downloaded the lugaru downloader mod which just automatically installs and downloads mods for lugaru, a game I play on ubuntu.

When I attempt to run a mod with it, though, it gets to a file backing up step and locks up, giving me this message:
    "There was an error when trying to copy the backups into the tempory directory directory. This really shouldn't happen, however it's possible that you don't have the correct permission to access this folder or a file inside this directory has been set to read only.
    The best thing to do at this point would be to make sure you are on an admin account and that the files have not been set to read only. You could also press the reset everything button in the settings panel which will clear all current backups and all cached downloads."

I am on ubuntu 10.10 and I am illiterate what should I do please.

Beans

Re: Download/install

Looks like it needs to be run with superuser rights. If the program is a GUI one, you can use gksu. Use sudo if it is run from the terminal.

Beans

Cool thank you.

What does that look like, that is me doing what opening a terminal and typing sudo what?

Thank you for replying!

Beans

Could you link to the website of the specific mod you have? I googled for lugaru but it's unclear what exactly you might be working with.

Beans

Beans

On the website it says: This application requires Adobe® AIR™ to be installed for Mac OS, Linux or Windows.

I don't know anything about Adobe AIR, so I'm afraid someone else is gonna have to help you.

Beans

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it.

I downloaded adobe air which was used to install the lugaru downloader. Now I find the lugaru downloader under my applications tab. I don't know if I need adobe air to run it.

Could someone please help me with this I have found problems similar to mine and they are solved when someone tells them to use a certain command. My problem is I am bad at ubuntu and computers in general right now and I don't know how to use that command to get what I want. Please educate me.

Beans

Hey is anybody still reading this?

I still need help!

Beans

Don't know whether you're still interested in it, but I just fixed it by using the chown-command to give me permission to each of the Data's Subdirectories.

http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/chown

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread Closed

Reason:
    Old thread put to bed.

If a thread has been inactive for a year or more, as this one has, please post a new thread rather than resurrecting it. Thanks.