Thread: All white on zoom?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

All white on zoom?

So, I'm assuming that this is a driver-problem, but I'm throwing this out anyway in case someone happens to have a solution.

Recently I upgraded the drivers for my ATI Radeon HD 5870 and now this happens when I use the "enhanced desktop zoom" plugin in Compiz.

This is my normal desktop:

And this is what it looks like with zoom, note mouse cursor in sea of white:

This did not happen with the Ubuntu-provided (older) FGLRX proprietary driver for AMD/ATI but showed up with the new one. Again, I'm pretty sure it's because of AMD/ATIs relatively primitive driver, and yes - I'm kicking myself for not going the Nvidia-route this time.

But in case anyone has any insights they would be appreciated.
    Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Beans

Re: All white on zoom?

I have the same problem when using enhanced desktop zoom; only it went DARK (can barely see the content) instead of white. But when I zoom back to the original size, the screen went back to normal brightness. It is like something in enhanced desktop zoom trigger the intensity to change. I guess yours is turning the intensity very high while mine is very low.

I am using ATI Radeon 9200SE. Prior to 10.10, turning Special Effect ON would not even work. I guess this is just something not fixable with video driver.