Thread: Coloring book for Kids on Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Coloring book for Kids on Linux

Does anyone know any Coloring book software for Linux? I just wanna know if there is any kind of application like that, where kids can color some pictures by choosing the color and clicking on it, you know? Maybe mixing the colors all together too...

Of course there are some for Windows, but I wanna replace that, so my daughter can use it on Ubuntu.

thanks

Beans

Re: Coloring book for Kids on Linux

It doesn't have a whole bunch of pictures, though you can add your own, but I came across the kavlon coloring book. I couldn't find a direct link to it, but I was able to get at the source code at a download site. You'll need to install python-pygame to get it to work. You run it like:
    Code:
    $python CB.py
    I tried it out and it worked on my system (8.10).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

tuxpaint has a few examples drawing that can be coloured on top of. i am sure you could make more easily.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks for all the answers but I believe that the Kavlon was more what I was looking for. Unfortunately it really seams to be discontinued. I would like to see something more finished, specially on the mouse response, cause i think it doesn't help kids using it too much.

Tuxpaint is great but what i really wanted was something where you can choose the color and the pattern and once you click on an empty space, the hole blank space is fulfilled by the color, just like Kavlon does.

If someone sees something else, I would be glad to know.

thansk

Beans

I dont want to be the party pooper here but as far as i know , there are no *PROPER* coloring books for linux..So , I would suggest that you use your Windows Programs on linux using Wine or Cedega or something instead for looking for linux native programs..

If you need any help installing wine etc , just post back here and we'll help out
    The truth is always beautiful, no matter how ugly it might seem at first.

Beans

There are some very good ones available for Linux. I can’t seem to remember them now but there are surely some excellent ones out there. One I saw recently allowed you to create printable coloring books that you could give to your child for coloring. You can use your own pictures, cartons and animations. You can just scan in the images to convert it into a book.

Kim
    Last edited by kimben; April 20th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

Beans

Use online a coloring book. I think the best one is
    http://www.okluzoryprodeti.cz/maluj/coloring.html
    Connection of Google image search and coloring component - it is never ending online coloring book. It needs flash.