Thread: College Style 10.10 Release Party!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

College Style 10.10 Release Party!

My roommate Ian Johnson and I, Nathan Crock, are on the Florida LoCo and wanted to share our love for Ubuntu. We're all alone up here in Tallahassee, but after the epic release party that we threw, I don't think it will be that way much longer!

Check out what we did!

Ubuntu Girls Photo Shoot

http://mathnathan.com/2010/10/25/ubu...0-photo-shoot/

10.10 Ubuntu Release Party

http://enja.org/2010/10/27/10-10-ubu...allahassee-fl/

We hope to make the release party for 11.04 even bigger!
    Last edited by Jahocolips; October 27th, 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: College Style 10.10 Release Party!

Looks cool mate, well done =D>
    Just fix the links will you ^^

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

All patched up! Thanks for catching that...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

In attempt to “cross the chasm” between the tech-savvy Linux world, and the modern-pop culture world
    modern-pop culture world
    the what

Firstly. If you are in a University and judging MTV-style pop culture on the same level as "modern" (i.e. contemporary) culture something has horribly gone wrong somewhere.

Secondly. It is not closing the gap between the "Linux world" and the "modern"/"common" world anyway. The fact you only used the sensuality of women for the "propaganda", firmly reinforces the common stereotype(s) about Linux users.

(Now perhaps some people will think I only say this because I don't like the girls because I'm a girl/woman/feminist/blabla etc. Well firstly that wouldn't make the argument invalid anyway; and secondly I actually think they look pretty hot, I'm just waiting for the video in which you have (quasi-)intercourse with the girls under a soundtrack of Snoop Dogg to promote Ubuntu - cuz that would be, like, soooo cool.)

Beans
    Hidden!

Looks like it was a very cool party. Wish I could have been there.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by agnes View Post
    the what

Firstly. If you are in a University and judging MTV-style pop culture on the same level as "modern" (i.e. contemporary) culture something has horribly gone wrong somewhere.

Secondly. It is not closing the gap between the "Linux world" and the "modern"/"common" world anyway. The fact you only used the sensuality of women for the "propaganda", firmly reinforces the common stereotype(s) about Linux users.

(Now perhaps some people will think I only say this because I don't like the girls because I'm a girl/woman/feminist/blabla etc. Well firstly that wouldn't make the argument invalid anyway; and secondly I actually think they look pretty hot, I'm just waiting for the video in which you have (quasi-)intercourse with the girls under a soundtrack of Snoop Dogg to promote Ubuntu - cuz that would be, like, soooo cool.)
    Did you really have to try and turn this thread into a heated debate type thing? It's just a bunch of young people trying to have some fun. Geez.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You smashed some printers Please tell me they were broken, if not, what a waste