Thread: What's to become of the 10.04 UNR desktop?

Beans

Unhappy What's to become of the 10.04 UNR desktop?

I was a huge fan of the desktop available in the netbook edition of Ubuntu 10.04. I really thought the 10.04 desktop kept things simple, and eliminated the inevitability of desktop clutter. It seemed like it could have evolved into something really splendid (one such improvement could have been having an additional 'windows' category that has a scrollable view of all your open windows).

I installed UNR 10.10 the other night with high hopes for Unity. Ignoring the many bugs present, I simply hated the new desktop environment. It feels like the Windows 7 start bar placed on the side of the screen.

What's to become of the UNR 10.04 desktop? I really wish it would be continued and improved...

Beans

Re: What's to become of the 10.04 UNR desktop?

What's to become of the UNR 10.04 desktop? I really wish it would be continued and improved...
    if your using 10.10 then you already know, the "UNR 10.04 desktop" is dead. there is the 2d option, if you just have to have that look.

Beans

Re: What's to become of the 10.04 UNR desktop?

Does the 2D option look the same as the 10.04 UNR? (I already rolled back to Ubuntu 10.04, otherwise I'd try it out myself).

I really don't understand why Ubuntu wants to simply copy Windows 7. UNR 10.04 was innovative, and very well done. It seems silly to just throw it all away.