View Poll Results: Where do you have your buttons?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • The left side

72 51.06%
  • The right side

62 43.97%
  • The middle

0 0%
  • Both

2 1.42%
  • None

5 3.55%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where do you have the titlebar buttons?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Where do you have the titlebar buttons?

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I have a related question. Is it actually possible to put the buttons in the center? I've been wanting to do this for some time, but have never been able to figure out how.

I split my panels in half, giving me four small panels, one in each corner, instead of two large panels. And I have them set to auto-hide. So, when I go for the buttons, I'll sometimes overshoot my mark, and bring up a panel instead. If I could have the buttons in the center, this problem would not exist.

Is this at all possible?

Beans

On the right because that is default in KDE and I like it like that (personal preference)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_neB View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I have a related question. Is it actually possible to put the buttons in the center? I've been wanting to do this for some time, but have never been able to figure out how.

I split my panels in half, giving me four small panels, one in each corner, instead of two large panels. And I have them set to auto-hide. So, when I go for the buttons, I'll sometimes overshoot my mark, and bring up a panel instead. If I could have the buttons in the center, this problem would not exist.

Is this at all possible?
    No.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I use left. When ubuntu made the switch I said "ok why not" and installed an osx like theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_neB View Post

Is this at all possible?
    How do you split the panels? I have not seen this before. Center sounds like an interesting place to have the buttons. I am assuming it is possible because it was a choice for the poll, sorry I don't know how though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by nolag View Post
    I use left. When ubuntu made the switch I said "ok why not" and installed an osx like theme.

How do you split the panels? I have not seen this before. Center sounds like an interesting place to have the buttons. I am assuming it is possible because it was a choice for the poll, sorry I don't know how though.
    I suspect whoever made the poll doesn't know that kwin, emerald/compiz/whatever, metacity, mutter, *box etc don't support putting window buttons in the middle (AFAIK, I've certainly never seen an example of it).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by nolag View Post
    I just uncheck the "Expand" checkbox in the panel properties, and then move the panel to a corner, then just create a new panel in the other corner. Repeat for the bottom panel.

Sure wish I could have the buttons in the middle though...

Beans

Ubuntu: left side (with Elementary installed)
    Windows: right side (default Aero glass theme)
    Mint: right side (default theme which looks like Elementary to me) > but I'm moving them to the left as soon as I find a way
    I'm a human, so I can make mistakes. Therefore this post (which represents my view) may be mistaken or contain errors.
    Oh, by the way, it may also feature some sarcasm. So take it easy.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345