Thread: Intel HD graphics drivers worse than windows' or config problem? 1080p videos

Beans

Intel HD graphics drivers worse than windows' or config problem? 1080p videos

First of all sorry for my english... I hope I will not kick english dictionary so much

I have a laptop with an Intel HD graphics card. In windows 7 I can play huge mkv files (1080p, 18 GB) without lag, but in Ubuntu I'm not able to.

Could this be a config problem? Or is only that the linux driver is worse than the windows'?

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Intel HD graphics drivers worse than windows' or config problem? 1080p videos

Nobody?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Intel HD graphics drivers worse than windows' or config problem? 1080p videos

hi, i don't know about the drivers but if you are running 10.10 then go back to 10.04.and try mplayer or smplayer to play your videos.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by maverick555 View Post
    hi, i don't know about the drivers but if you are running 10.10 then go back to 10.04.and try mplayer or smplayer to play your videos.
    That doesn't solve the problem

It seems that the bitrate is the same in both editions...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Borjs85 View Post
    That doesn't solve the problem

It seems that the bitrate is the same in both editions...
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=398424

Take a look.This will solve your problems.

Beans

Unfortunately that doesn't solve my problems. Video files bigger than 10 GB are still impsoble to play...

Thanks for your help anyway