Thread: Need help with CD ripping options in Rhythmbox, Sound Juicer, etc

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Need help with CD ripping options in Rhythmbox, Sound Juicer, etc

Am I just an idiot, or are there no programs in the repos that really let you take control over the CD ripping process? I'm trying to rip my entire music collection to flac and simply want a program that will do these four simple things:

1.) Automatically get the CD info from an online database (what happened to freedb? Why are we using MusicBrainz? It seems to not know many of my albums.)

2.) Automatically start ripping my CD without me having to go push buttons (unless it can't figure out the album information)

3.) Write the encoded files to a directory and filename of my choosing. This is my biggest problem...how can you customize? I want /album_artist/year - album_title/track_artist - number -track_name.flac, but there are only a handful of options in Rhythmbox, Sound Juicer, Ripper X, and so on.

4.) Eject the disc when it's done.

Exact Audio Copy did this for me in Windows ten years ago...does anyone have any tips? Most importantly, I want to write the files in the correct location (#3 listed above) but can't figure out how to get any of the available GNOME programs to give me the freedom to do this.

Thanks!
    Asus Z96J whitebook with Intel 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, ATi X1600 mobility, 2 GB ram, Logitech MX1000 mouse

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Need help with CD ripping options in Rhythmbox, Sound Juicer, etc

Hi
    Have you tried RubyRipper?
    Information is here:- http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....tle=Rubyripper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Need help with CD ripping options in Rhythmbox, Sound Juicer, etc

WIN! Thanks, this is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Any idea why there isn't a program like this in the repos? All the rippers that are in the repos are nearly identical in their form and function...
    Asus Z96J whitebook with Intel 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, ATi X1600 mobility, 2 GB ram, Logitech MX1000 mouse