Thread: Easytether + Auto eth0 not working

Beans

Arrow Easytether + Auto eth0 not working

I'm using Easytether through my HTC Droid for interwebs running Ubuntu 10.04. However I also have a home network. However when I hardwire into the network via a D-Link router (Auto eth0) my internet no longer works. The same is true when I plug in my iPod. The Droid loses it's connection. What is the problem?

PS. I'm more concerned about my network than my iPod.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Easytether + Auto eth0 not working

So basically I'm using my USB phone to get internet via easytether. When i plug into the router my internet no longer works. Someone...please..help..

Beans

Re: Easytether + Auto eth0 not working

Hi....I recently used easytether...and loved it...until I realized that I could not get on to any wireless network afterwards or at all, despite the wireless card being active, nor did wlan0 or eth0 show up when I ran ifconfig, until I manually ran ifconfig wlan0/eth0 up....and then wouldn't function. I uninstalled the easytether drivers....that didn't work......obviously a discrete change was made to some area and file that I couldn't (or didn't) really have the time or energy to find......so I just reinstalled the operating system....sounds a bit extreme, but I keep my configuration files & data files on a separate partition, which makes a 10-15 minute install (total time, including updates & re-installation of other programs I use was 25 minutes) much easier than spending hours trying to find the changed factor that globally affected networking .....I'm sure there is an easy answer, but this worked for me given the time and patience I had to give!

If you find the real or a better answer, I would appreciate your passing it on.

Take care,
    Jonny