Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (12.04 - Precise Pangolin)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (10.10, Maverik Meerkat)

Nope, still can not work

@ bulagump: did everything you said, but my wireless on my lenovo 550 wont work.
    Hope solution will come soon.

Beans

I am 100% lost on how to get this internet running on my computer, I have no option of wired internet, so I am stressing to the point of giving up (after a couple of days). So now I am finally manning up and asking for help haha.

Here's what I got
    (this is a lspci -vvnn | grep 14e4 command)
    Code:
    Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 902.11g Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:4318] (rev 02)
    This is using a live CD of Ubuntu 10.10 without internet, so what files/drivers do I need to put on an external harddrive to install? Is the firmware/b43-fwcutter already pre installed? I'm completely lost, please help. Thanks

Beans

Certain - but not all - kernels of Ubuntu 10.10 (2.6.35-23-generic-pae in my case) seem to be in a so far unsolvable conflict with some Broadcom WL chipsets. Until the necessary updates to solve this conflict are available in the repositories for download, I will, unwillingly though, go back to Windows.

Hoping for the best at the soonest possible,

Podas okys

Beans

After removing Broadcom STA wireless driver via the Synaptic Manager, I activated Broadcom B43 wireless driver, and my wireless straightaway rose from its dead. After rebooting, however, the wireless went away. I repeated the above action, and wl "came back".
    What is strange that in System > Additional Drives NEITHER of the two proprietary drivers appear activated! Still, wireless works - until the next reboot.
    What shall I do to keep wl working after I restart my machine?

Podas okys

Beans

nklnsk,

I am sorry that did not work for you. I have an aspire 3680

Beans

I spent hours reading forums, searching internet, but still there is a problem. I tried ndiswrapper, doesn't work. I tried anything, but still, there is no notification for wireless network.

Before I trow my laptop out of my window, scream and wake my neighbours and kill the ubuntu-developers: maybe someone can help me? I mean, really help me?

I have a Dell inspiron 1545, 64 bit.
    lspci says:

09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 13)
    0c:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)

So, i tried to install ndiswrapper, founded the right bcmwl6 driver: didn't do anything./
    hardware presents: yes
    but i cant select wireless.

additional drivers says:
    'green light' broadcom sta wirless driver

This driver is activated but not currently in use.

Thank you in advance for helping!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks to everyone here for posting all their various solutions. I just reinstalled everything on my computer, XP and Ubuntu 10.04. I also have the 4312 chip.

The first solution listed here didn't work for me because the packages firmware-b43-lpphy-installer and firmware-b43-installer are not in my repository. Even after apt-get update they are not there.

I tried everything else here, including last but not least downloading the driver from Broadcom at http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php.

I followed all the instruction in the readme file to the letter. It was the only thing that worked.

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dylbud View Post
    Thanks to everyone here for posting all their various solutions. I just reinstalled everything on my computer, XP and Ubuntu 10.04. I also have the 4312 chip.

The first solution listed here didn't work for me because the packages firmware-b43-lpphy-installer and firmware-b43-installer are not in my repository. Even after apt-get update they are not there.

I tried everything else here, including last but not least downloading the driver from Broadcom at http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php.

I followed all the instruction in the readme file to the letter. It was the only thing that worked.

Thanks.
    Dear Dylbud,
    could you please let me know which "path" is exactly meant in this line of the readme file for Broadcom's 802.11 Linux STA diver: "# tar xzf <path>/hybrid-portsrc_x86-32_v5.60.246.6.tar.gz"?
    Thanks a lot,
    Podas okys

Quote Originally Posted by Podas okys View Post
    What shall I do to keep wl working after I restart my machine?

Podas okys
    Have you tried "sudo modprobe wl" after the restart? I have a similar problem - and that solved it.

If the modprobe command works, you can add "wl" to /etc/modules to have the wl module loaded at startup (I haven't tried adding it yet, as I have other wireless issues).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey Podas okys.

Upon review, it appears I lied. I did not follow all the instructions to the letter, but skipped this entire first step. All you're doing here is creating a folder and upcompressing the file into it. From my understanding, it doesn't matter where this folder is. However, I put mine in /usr/local/src as per the instructions at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompilingEasyHowTo -- it says to create it, if it's not there, but mine was. And it was empty. So that's a good place to do it.

Once you uncompress the file to the folder you want it in, then use a terminal to navigate to that folder and start running the commands starting at step 2 under Build Instructions of the ReadMe file.

Good luck!

Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast