Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (12.04 - Precise Pangolin)

Beans

Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (10.10, Maverik Meerkat)

Well i have the Bcm 4318 802.11 b/g airforce one wireless card and it doesnt want to send or receive signals i have the driver installed that ubuntu recomends. But it still wont do anything sept basicly say hey im here and i work but im not going to do anything.

edit: Im running desktop ubuntu on my laptop a hp dv5000 it has an BCM4318 airforce one 54g 802.11b/g wireless modem. I have tried the steps on the first page and they will not get my wireless card to work i can see networks and try to connect but it wont connect. Is there any way i could use these steps or some other steps to get my card up and running
    Last edited by Birdman19; March 5th, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Anyone who's having trouble with maverick's wl driver (5.60.48.36) should try natty's (5.100.82.38) driver:

get the 32-bit package here
    get the 64-bit package here
    Please mark completed threads as [SOLVED], which lets us find solutions faster!

Beans

I'm running on a Compaq Presario 2100 with a Broadcom 4306 card, and on the outset it wouldn't connect to my wireless network with the B43legacy wireless driver. I tried several of the solutions outlined by various members of this fine forum, but to no avail. And, in fact, after trying one solution, the "additional drivers" program stopped trying to activate the legacy driver, stopped returning an error code, and told me to look in /var/log/jockey or some such for details. This file proved to be completely unreadable.

I'm honestly on the verge of reverting to Windows XP. It's slow and it's ugly, but by God, I can use it away from my desk.
    Last edited by bourgtai; March 8th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ptn107 View Post
    Anyone who's having trouble with maverick's wl driver (5.60.48.36) should try natty's (5.100.82.38) driver:

get the 32-bit package here
    get the 64-bit package here

The link you provided doesn't work! can you point me to another mirror?
    Thnx

Beans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Is everyone that is saying this "works" just using b and g speed? I can get basic networking but can't get N speed.

I have tried what feels like hundreds of combinations, including updating to the natty STA.

Thanks

Is everyone that is saying this "works" just using b and g speed? I can get basic networking but can't get N speed.
    If a computer that is only b/g is on or added to the network, then the speed will only be b/g speed. If you are running N speed, it will drop to b/g speed. (Which one will depend on the card. The network will only go as fast as the slowest card.)
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bkratz View Post

Thanks you bkratz and all.

I got it up and running now. It's much more stable than the version came w/ 10.10. I'll keep you posted if there is issue running N network.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Sef View Post
    If a computer that is only b/g is on or added to the network, then the speed will only be b/g speed. If you are running N speed, it will drop to b/g speed. (Which one will depend on the card. The network will only go as fast as the slowest card.)
    Thanks for the input Sef. But this doesn't correlate to my setup. I am the only device on the network. I have the router set to N only. I can actually connect with no security settings, but even with the router 1 foot away from my laptop I only get 52 mbit/s.

If there are security settings, it doesn't let me connect at all.

Beans

Hi, can anyone help me out? I can't seem to find the fix that works for me. I have BCM4311 wireless card. when I did
    sudo lshw -C network
    and it shows the card being disabled.

My laptop does not have a switch for wireless.

Broadcom STA wireless driver is activated and currently in use.

My system is a Dell Inspiron E1505, running Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick.

Network Settings connections tab are all greyed out.

Your help is appreciated.

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast