Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Daemon Is Inhibited

Beans

Question Re: Daemon Is Inhibited

what is happening i have a 160gb ide seagate out of a sky + box and it was saying sdb1 or somthing i couldant mount or delete it it is now no longer there but still powered on ide slot 2 i believe as master and a 1tb usb seagate freeaget go flex and I get in the /dev/sdb location in disk utility saying:

error formating drive

an error occurred while performing an operation "1tb hard disk" (seagate goflex)the operation failed

Error creating partition table: helper exited with exit code 1: cannot open /dev/sdb: No such device or address
    close

1408 firmware seagate 1tb usb "sata"!!!! this drive crashed my windows pci raid card computer when i tried it then came up as a disk with microsoft driver and was not in my computer

i would like to get this working the 1tb is coming up as HPFS/NTFS (oxo7)volumes unknown partitioning unknown scheme flags bootable 5000RPM

error creating file system Daemon is inhibited
    unrecognized

smart status not supported Error detaching: helper exited with exit code 1: Detaching device /dev/sdb
    USB device: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.2/usb1/1-2)

re:Code: that i get to

sudo killall udisks [sudo] password for ganja951: *c*gamertagonxbox*c* udisks: no process found

ubuntu on x86 kernal version 11.04 thinking of updating to 12 you all should maby cheack it out
    Last edited by ganjan; November 10th, 2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: missing infomation !! is it somthing to do with raid

Beans

Re: Daemon Is Inhibited

Quote Originally Posted by scinziatu View Post
    I had the same problem after using GParted.
    I solved launching from a terminal:
    sudo killall udisks
    Thanks, saved my reboot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

This is not a resolved thread. The original poster never indicated his problem was solved. Though this is a 14 months old it was inappropriate to mark it solved, primarily due to the fact that others are searching Google and finding this thread marked solved. Some people have solved their problems. The original poster did not indicate their issue was resolved nor how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by scinziatu View Post
    i had the same problem after using gparted.
    I solved launching from a terminal:
    sudo killall udisks
    thank you!

Beans

Thank you so much!
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

it worked... thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234