Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless repeatedly drops after 10.10 upgrade (Broadcom 4309) - full documentation

Beans

Re: Wireless repeatedly drops after 10.10 upgrade (Broadcom 4309) - full documentatio

Changing router settings to WPA2 solved my problem!

Beans

Re: Wireless repeatedly drops after 10.10 upgrade (Broadcom 4309) - full documentatio

I have the same issue with a Dell Latitude D400.

My router is set to WPA2 and I can connect briefly but it will drop the connection soon after. Disabling and enabling the wireless connection via the connection manager allows it to connect again, but only to drop the connection a few minutes later again.

Please help with a solution. I don't want to go back to the XP I used to have on this machine, but as it stands, the machine is not very usable.

Cheer.

Beans

Same issue here with wifi. Also happens with a nokia 5800 gsm connection via USB or bluetooth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I have the same issue - Dell laptop running Maverick with Broadcom wifi modem. Wifi connection drops out particularly when under heavy load (update or torrent download).

Connection generally reestablishes after a restart. Disabling networking, removing the saved connection point and restarting network sometimes does the trick.

Have tried this with and without the Broadcom drivers enabled.

Beans

Somethings seems to have changed with one of the updates - all my problems seem to be gone. Anyone else having better luck?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I was having the same problem. I upgraded to 10.10 and would get a couple minutes of use on my wireless before the connection dropped. I installed broadcom-sta-common from synaptic, switched to the STA driver, then did a complete restart (shut down, not just restart) and it seems to have fixed my problem. I've been playing with Ubuntu for about a year now so I'm far (far, far, far) from an expert, but this helped me. Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Med(B); January 19th, 2011 at 01:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Med(B) View Post
    I was having the same problem. I upgraded to 10.10 and would get a couple minutes of use on my wireless before the connection dropped. I installed broadcom-sta-common from synaptic, switched to the STA driver, then did a complete restart (shut down, not just restart) and it seems to have fixed my problem. I've been playing with Ubuntu for about a year now so I'm far (far, far, far) from an expert, but this helped me. Hope it helps!
    1. I followed your steps and did not resolve my problems.

2. I tried to remove nm-applet and network manager and install wcid (executing wicd-client). Failed too.

3. I never had weird problems up to Ubuntu 8.10

In Ubuntu 9.04 is when all kind of problems began: my hibernation mode was failing.

Then Ubuntu 10.04 showed up! WORSE

Now with Ubuntu 10.10 I cannot have a signal working more than a minute.

IF IT IS WORKING DON'T FIX IT DAMMIT!!!

Beans

this worked for me on my sony vaio:

$sudo rmmod iwl3945
    $sudo modprobe iwl3945

Remember that iwl3945 is the module (driver) that is specific for wireless on this laptop. On your machine it could be something else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12