Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problem with Playing music in Ubuntu 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Problem with Playing music in Ubuntu 10.10

ya.. sure..
    below i have pasted the link where i reported the bug..
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/667609

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by $uraj View Post
    ya.. sure..
    below i have pasted the link where i reported the bug..
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/667609
    I appreciate you taking the time and effort to do this. Ubuntu will be better for it. I am trying to get as much feedback as possible to the devs so we can get this fixed and not have to rely on workarounds.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Check what kind of sound card you are using. I have been trying everything for the past week to get my sound working. Did some googling around tonight and found many others are having trouble with X-Fi cards. I have an X-Fi.

I took it out and replaced it with an old (but reliable) Diamond Monster Sound (ES1968) and I had sound on startup. Nothing needed to be done. It just works.

Don't know what you have, but if you have an X-Fi, try something else. I think there are severe issues with the X-Fi series right now. Mine worked fine in 10.04. No problems at all. Flawless. Got to 10.10 and now I see issues. It started out ok, then it got choppy... then nothing. But sound is working ok now.
    kubuntu user since 7/2006

Beans

I have the same problem as You. It's a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10. I can hear music and watch videos from different sources (Youtube, Totem, Rhythmbox), but very frequently it loops till i move mouse or type something. When it loops whole screen freezes. I have Intel HDA.

Beans

update:

After installing NVidia graphic drivers endless loops are over. Now there is only sound stuttering

Beans

Angry I've got the same problem on my laptop !!!

I think it is not the fault of audio, it's the fault of power management of idle state.
    It infeluence not only the audio,vedio,but also like the download ,update and so on. When your pc's mouse,keyboard,touchpad are in idle state,then this problem happens! For example,the download pause, the music plays ugly!
    So where to set the time the pc goes into idle state??
    I've tested ubuntu9.10 10.10,they both happens.
    Someone here saied the 10.04 is ok, i'll try to test it.

Chris

Beans

10.04 works for me.
    Next time i will think twice before i switch to *.10 version of ubuntu. Thanks!

Chris

Beans

Still has some problem, first ,the download still need i to keep it alive peredically by move mouse or hit keyboard, second ,during play music ,it will resume after misfunction but not like in 10.10(repeat),i think it's time to give up for my laptop. May be i should try centos for alternation.

Chris

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

So, it looks like this problem was dropped in November without a resolution.

I'm having the same problem with one of my machines. That is, Ubuntu 10.10, all media players randomly skip for a couple of seconds every once in a while.

Did anyone find a solution?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Never mind the last question. I checked to see if ubuntu-restricted-extras was installed, but it was not (thought I did that with the install.)

Restricted extras fixed the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123