Thread: F-Spot Extensions and Flickr

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

F-Spot Extensions and Flickr

Hi ubuntu gurus,

I have a question about F-Spot and extensions (okay, a couple questions). First, where can I find extension repositories? Google searches are pretty inefficient, based on my last half hour of web surfing.

Second, is there a way, using extensions or otherwise, to backup photos from a flickr account in a way that plays nicely with F-Spot? Ideally, I'd like to have F-Spot organize all my photos on flickr and on my hard drive; I'd like to avoid using a tool to backup my flickr photos followed by an F-Spot import.

Advice? Ideas? Links? Helpful google keywords?

Thanks!

Courtney

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: F-Spot Extensions and Flickr

It's not a F-spot extension, but conduit claims to be able to sync flickr and f-spot.

http://www.linuxbeacon.com/doku.php?id=articles:conduit

Conduit is available through apt-get, synaptic, and software center. (Since they're all apt based I guess that's a little redundant...)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks a bunch! This looks great!

So far, I'm having trouble getting F-Spot to work at all with conduit (it says I need to open F-Spot or activate the D-Bus Extension, which I guess I need to find somewhere). But I have high hopes!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, the conduit site said something about syncing folders with online sites so maybe you need to sync the "photos" folder (or which ever one f-spot is pointed to.).
    That may already be what you're doing.