Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-AUdio Oxygen 8 v2 midi keyboard installation (LMMS and otherwise) HALP!

Beans

M-AUdio Oxygen 8 v2 midi keyboard installation (LMMS and otherwise) HALP!

Hey all,

I'm very new to the Linux OS stuff and I'm trying to get my M-Audio Oxyen 8 to work on Ubuntu, specifically for LMMS.

The keyboard is connected via USB and I installed the MidiSport driver which claims to be compatible with Oxygen. Still the keyboard doesn't show up in the Ubuntu Sound Preferences Input menu.

In LMMS I enable MINI input in the default presets, open the input settings nothing comes up. I try to set the MIDI input settings but they won't save to anything other than "DUMMY (No MIDI output).

Essentially Ubuntu doesn't seem to recognize the keyboard at all WHYYYY :< Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kenny

Beans

Re: M-AUdio Oxygen 8 v2 midi keyboard installation (LMMS and otherwise) HALP!

bump :<

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Do you see it when you put lsusb into a terminal window?

Beans

yeah it shows up there, so that's something i guess?
    Last edited by kennethfrank; October 24th, 2010 at 02:26 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Beans

i keep getting a broken pipe error message... this shouldn't be this difficult :[ !

Beans
    Distro

Did you just copy and paste the command from that link? I read it again and one step that is not made clear is that you need to specify the correct bus, depending on your lsusb output.

So because his lsusb output shows: Bus 005 Device 005: ID 0763:1014 Midiman

He uses this command: sudo fxload -D /dev/bus/usb/005/005 -s /usr/share/usb/maudio/MidiSportLoader.ihx -I /usr/share/usb/maudio/MidiSportKS.ihx

Bold text is mine to show what you need to change.

Beans

yeah, i tried putting the right bus/device numbers based on the lsusb info but it gives me that 'broken pipe' error message :[ thanks for trying to help, it might be a lost cause.

Beans
    Distro

Try using a different port, and also unplug any other devices that use USB. Then try fxload again without the -s command like this:
    sudo fxload -D /dev/bus/usb/005/005 -I /usr/share/usb/maudio/MidiSportKS.ihx

Beans

i found this thread while googling "m-audio oxygen ubuntu lmms"...i too have an oxygen-8 and trying to get it to work.

i tried the above advice, mine shows up 007, but when i follow these instructions (which i also found on a couple other pages), i get the following message:

No such file or directory : /dev/bus/usb/007/007

...i'm using 11.04...maybe this method is outdated?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast