Thread: First Time Ever...

Beans

First Time Ever...

This is my first time ever done an upgrade in ubuntu. I grade to my 10.04 to 10.10.

The reason I am doing that is because I am switching to Fedora, yet Fedora 14 is about to release, and I want to just try out the newest ubuntu. So I did... After about 3 hours download and install. WHoA... ubuntu 10.10.

First things, I see is the newest wallpaper. and The span wallpaper setting is still not work on Daul Screen. But I guess I can accept it. Than the Second things The Internet connection doesn't work. All the Browser are going to OffLine Mode. well, can be solve... but for some reason, 8 of 10 boot internet seem not work. Aside of that, OpenOffice is not lanuch... est time in update manager disappear. And I can't open any Flash Drive...

I don't hate Ubuntu nor a Super Lover... But This Update seem Totally Fail. I usually just do fresh installation, so I never have too much experience with upgrade. But base on what I have this time. it seem too much problems...

So Long Ubuntu.

This is not a complain, I just want to share this funny experience with you guy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: First Time Ever...

I did an upgrade to 10:04 too and it works great except a weird layout bug in evolution

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I still don't understand why the upgrade is advertised to everyone in the update manager. Leave it out altogether or for server only if you ask me.

Beans

I wonder what he did to break it. The only bug I had in upgrading is the Lucid wallpaper is still shown on GDM. I have upgraded quite a few times and never noticed issues.

News flash, try upgrading Fedora...