Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oops, an error occurred

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Oops, an error occurred

I managed to get things working again by deleting the Ubuntu One key from my passwords keyring, removing the local cache and config and rebooting. Things are now working as they should.
    Thanks for your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thats good news! Did you reinstall ubuntuone before deleting the key to get it working by any chance?
    My Launchpad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Wiki Page

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by RedSingularity View Post
    Thats good news! Did you reinstall ubuntuone before deleting the key to get it working by any chance?
    I did not.

Beans
    Distro

I tried what torpidnotion did and it is working again. However, now, everything in Documents and Music is automatically syncing and I cannot stop it from syncing.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mcnica View Post
    I tried what torpidnotion did and it is working again. However, now, everything in Documents and Music is automatically syncing and I cannot stop it from syncing.
    Try this, replacing your folder id with the one that is listed for the directories:
    Code:
    slash@helios:~$ u1sdtool --list-folders
    Folder list:
      id=a9b35284-c63d-4cfd-8e2e-1e4792ba57a3 subscribed=True path=/home/slash/Documents

slash@helios:~$ u1sdtool --unsubscribe-folder a9b35284-c63d-4cfd-8e2e-1e4792ba57a3 

slash@helios:~$ u1sdtool -q;u1sdtool -c
    See if that stops it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

mcnica: Do you have 10.10 installed as well?
    My Launchpad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Wiki Page

Beans
    Distro

Yes, I have the 64bit version of 10.10 installed.

Beans
    Distro

torpidnotion: I tried unsubscribing a folder via the terminal like you recommended I got this error

Code:
    ~$ u1sdtool --unsubscribe-folder 79901d85-9f55-4854-9903-2a989df15681

Oops, an error ocurred:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 270, in run
        self.__run()
      File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/ubuntuone/syncdaemon/tools.py", line 92, in parse_reply
        *message.get_args_list()))
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 345, in errback
        self._startRunCallbacks(fail)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 424, in _startRunCallbacks
        self._runCallbacks()
    --- <exception caught here> ---
      File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 441, in _runCallbacks
        self.result = callback(self.result, *args, **kw)
      File "/usr/bin/u1sdtool", line 127, in <lambda>
        d.addErrback(lambda r: show_error(r, out))
      File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/ubuntuone/syncdaemon/tools.py", line 794, in show_error
        raise error.value
    dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Beans
    Distro

I got things working again. It seems that Documents and Music would not be removed from the server. I opened a terminal and deleted the folders from the server.

u1sdtool --delete-folders=

After deleting the folders, I removed my ubuntuone key and removed the local, cache, and config ubuntuone folders. Reboot the machine and now everything is working. It is not trying to sync Documents and music anymore and I have been able to sync only a few folders that I wanted to be synced. Thanks for all the help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123