Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mountall: disconnected from plymouth

Beans

Re: mountall: disconnected from plymouth

Can't seem to find xorg.conf for 11.10 (Oneiric). Any ideas how to resolve this on Oneiric?

Beans

As an FYI I also had this same problem when installing VirtualBox gummed up my xorg.conf file. Once I restored the original xorg.conf the plymouth error went away and the desktop actually started

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeM View Post
    Hello,
    when I run sudo nvidia-installer --uninstall, I get the message that the command nvidia-installer does not exist. Perhaps I should be writing it differently?
    Also, in X11 I didn't find an xorg.conf.failsafe so I copied the new xorg.conf.backup back to xorg.conf .
    Any help with the nvidia-installer would be great (sorry for such a basic question).
    I'm having the same issue. it installed the drivers for me for another built in nvidia card and i installed a seperate one

Beans

Hi!
    Seems the problem also appears if the swap device "disappears".
    Then, you have to create one again and enter the correct uuid in /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume, and re-create the initramfs (update-initramfs -u).
    I'm not sure in how far this no-swap influences the graphical boot, as the system I had this problem does not start any x11 on startup.

Yours,
    Sebastian

Beans

Hi,

I am getting the same problem after removing GNOME (I have KDE installed).

The previous posts did not help.

Now the boot halts in the annoying "disconnected from Plymouth" message and then I have to Alt+Ctrl+F2 --> login --> manually startx.

But even before being able to do that I had to add a "exec startx" line in the /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc cause I was getting a "$DISPLAY not set" error.

BTW there is no xorg.conf file on my machine.

Beans

I too did the same thing as the above poster. However, I'm on an Acer Chromebook and CTRL ALT F2 doesn't seem to be doing anything after I get the mountall: disconnect from plymouth.

Am I SOL and have to reinstall Ubuntu?!

Thanks,
    -Paul

Beans

I resolve the problem by rebooting into recovery mode and selected each option in the list on the dialog, then rebooted and was able to proceed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
    I too did the same thing as the above poster. However, I'm on an Acer Chromebook and CTRL ALT F2 doesn't seem to be doing anything after I get the mountall: disconnect from plymouth.

Am I SOL and have to reinstall Ubuntu?!

Thanks,
    -Paul
    I too am on an Acer C7 Chromebook with ChrUbuntu installed, and I have been having the same issue. When I try to boot up, I get the usual "invalid iomen size, you may experience problems" message, but it doesn't boot in any more, it jut stays on that screen. Pressing CTRL ALT F2 brings me to the "mountall: disconnected from plymouth" screen. I thought this had something to do with the Paw OSX splash screen that I tried to install (did not work), but after I deleted the theme and reset the defaults, I still get the same message. However, I am able to access my machine by inserting any usb key into it until it boots into the login screen. Any sort of usb key seems to work (not sure why), but it is slightly inconvenient to have to carry around a usb key everywhere I go. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Try deleting your cache, and then opening up the Netflix Desktop app again. It should reinstall everything and will (hopefully) be working like normal. This worked for me and I am happily watching Netflix Desktop on my linux machine

EDIT: Please Disregard this post, incorrect thread.
    Last edited by steamer360; August 18th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12