Thread: Can't edit avi on kdenlive

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Post Can't edit avi on kdenlive

I just installed kdenlive in Ubuntu and recorded a sample video to start messing with it and learning it. But when I tried to edit my video it Kdenlive could not recognize it. The video format is .avi and it seems I need some special codec that I still don't have in my Ubuntu installation. The weird thing is that I can watch the videos just fine on VLC and movie player but Kdenlive cannot even play it. I think I may need something in order to be able to edit it but I don't know why. I read the ubuntu documentation on the page and went to the kdenlive section but didn't find anything about this. Can anyone help me on this one? What do I need to install? I don't want to just start installing anything with the word avi in the synaptic interface. And can I face similar problems with other formats like MPEG, WMV and the like?

Thanks in advanced.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Can't edit avi on kdenlive

Is there no way around this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Never mind. I found the source of the problem. Close this topic or something.

Beans

Hi! How have you resolve il problema?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.