Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eudora OSE Coming Soon To A Linux Near You?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Eudora OSE Coming Soon To A Linux Near You?

says cannot open no such file or directory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey SantaFe,

I ended up doing it your way and the installation itself went well. But then I tried to import stuff. I have my current Eudora folder that I was using in Windows, saved to my external drive. When I went from Eudora 8.0 to OSE on Windows I was easily able to import all those mailboxes and settings. Now the "import all settings" never worked, so I imported each setting individually and that worked well. With the same version of Eudora in Linux, the import does not work at all. It also wants me to import mail from Communicator 4X? I can't even receive mail, it says "unable to locate mail spool file" when I try to get mail. Any idea what's happening here?

In Windows before OSE I would copy the whole Eudora folder into the program file after I installed a fresh copy of Eudora. I would have all my settings and mailboxes intact. Is there anything similar I can do in this case with Linux? But the spool issue will still be a problem and I don't know enough about that part of a mail program.
    Last edited by onaridge; October 22nd, 2010 at 03:00 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

To be honest, I never even used the import option, as when I started it, it saw my Thunderbird E-Mail profile & used that, right down to the TBird extensions/themes. It doesn't seem very Eudora-ish to me, just a different version of Thunderbird.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Rats, I was hoping you could tell me how to solve my dilemma.

I agree, it's pretty much Thunderbird. But I learned to get used to it in Windows and it was the only one compatible with previous Eudora versions.

I registered at the Eudora forum and asked the question there. We will see what happened. The only thing I use my windows PC anymore is for mail!!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Unhappy Re: Eudora OSE Coming Soon To A Linux Near You?

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpfull.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Not to worry, I bit the bullet and am using Evolution which is way more than I need since I don't need a PIM but it's the only one that doesn't give me a mail spool error and I will just start fresh mailboxes and save the others on a Windows computer. Hey I learned how to install a program and make a launcher thanks to you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12