Thread: Status of Gimpshop? Install on Maverick 10.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Status of Gimpshop? Install on Maverick 10.10?

Is Gimpshop still being maintained and developed? It vaguely appears to be stagnant from outward appearances. It seems like a great idea (and I have used in the past), but I am not sure it is being actively maintained. Was this project abandoned, and if so do you know why?

I would like to install on Ubuntu Maverick 10.10 in an AMD64 situation. Is that possible? It really solves quite a few issues for people trained on Photoshop.

True you could try to relearn with GIMP, but every time I work with the program, a lot of stuff seems like a pain in the *** way to complete a task. Gimpshop on the other hand seemed to fix a lot of that.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Status of Gimpshop? Install on Maverick 10.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: Status of Gimpshop? Install on Maverick 10.10?

That was a very interesting link. I am going to try to download GIMP 2.7.1, as it is moving in the right direction it seems.

Still, I am curious. What happened to the Gimpshop project, and why did it stop? Was there a lawsuit, or did that guy get integrated into the GIMP project? It seems like there is a story there that would be interesting to hear.