Thread: 10.04 download website recomendation

Beans

10.04 download website recomendation

I installed 10.10 Netbook Edition on my Starling and I do not like it. I want to reinstall Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook edition but I no longer have it because I erased my hard disc when I installed Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition and it appears system76 no longer offers the download and I could not find it at the Ubuntu website. Does anybody have a recommended website for downloading Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition?
    Last edited by flihi; October 20th, 2010 at 10:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 10.04 download website recomendation

10.04 should still be available from system76 - it's an LTS.

In future, if you install with a separate /home partition, you can avoid the "I erased my entire hdd" scenario.
    Kipling - "if"

Beans

It's actually trickier than it probably should be to find; you have to seek out the download mirror pages. Here's a URL that will choose one for you: http://www.ubuntu.com/start-download

Choose the version you want (10.04.1 in this case), and you should see the netbook images available. I'd guess you want to choose the i386 iso file (or torrent if you want to get it that way), but I might be wrong.

On a side note, I'm not sure if the Netbook editions are part of the LTS release cycle, but I can't find where I thought I had read that.

Beans

This page should be corrected: http://knowledge76.com/index.php/Restoring_Your_Netbook

The following link ("here") on that page points to the current Ubuntu version (10.10), not 10.04:

Download Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04 LTS from here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The Wiki page has been updated. It now points to a location to download Ubuntu 10.04.1.

You can get 10.04 by clicking on that link.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!