Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Organizational Proposal submitted by JWDinKC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Organizational Proposal submitted by JWDinKC

Quote Originally Posted by wyrless2002 View Post
    This is why I think we should reconsider having meetings in Kansas City.

Escaped chimp attacks Kansas City police car!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...storyid=222564

Sorry...I get moody without my dinner.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT. I have 2 softwares, Skype, and Vyew, which are both great conferencing apps. I propose all that responded, should get together, I just need to know who, and set a date. It would be great if I could get the vcard that you have developing JWDink, so I'm leaving the choice of software to the entire group, and the time.
    But as far as dates, could we do tommorrow?

http://www.snappoll.com/poll/345606.php

Check out the link to vote, after 5 tommorrow, I'll collect the results.
    Last edited by Markrtoon; October 21st, 2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: HTML is wrong.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Lightbulb Re: Organizational Proposal submitted by JWDinKC

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Wolf View Post
    BTW...I'm JWDinKC. I just haven't figure out how to change my forum name on here. But I'm the same guy from launchpad. So far I have 17 contacts on the vCard if that's going to work for everyone. Anyone who hasn't emailed me to be on the vCard but wants on it, do so soon please. Once I have the vCard I'm either going to email it out to everyone, or post it somewhere to be downloaded. My skype name is also jwdinkc, and so is my facebook name, and aim. On IRC I'm Stray_Wolf.

i got a few places on the web if plp would like to know also facebook /myspace just use mikebugman1968@gmail to find me if u want and id like more info on the vcard also plz

Beans
    Distro

I corrected the original post with my contacts on it. At the time I wrote that I thought I could change my sn for facebook but I was wrong.

So long as everyone who wants to be on the vCard e-mails me you'll be on it. It may be easier to mass mail it out to everyone in the short term. But so it can be easily updated and shared I was wondering were I could upload the file so that everyone could have access to it and anyone could maintain it in case they want to take their name off or add it. I could upload it to Ubuntu one...

As for the meeting I voted for skype. Reason being, it's more widely used and we should have a good understanding of how to troubleshoot the software if need be. I can log on at five and see who all is there...I use a wifi phone as my home phone through skype as well so it may always show me as on.

If we decide to make a charter I propose the first Article I and it's sections be devoted to structuring the group (outlining the committee officers, how they are appointed and what their responsibilities are). Then, Article II and it's sections may want to outline the purpose the group is structured for. That is if my proposal to institute a charter is accepted in the first place.
    Last edited by Stray Wolf; October 21st, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just signed up and logged into Facebook and now for Skype? see ya in a bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wink Re: Organizational Proposal submitted by JWDinKC

Skype is working after installing PulseAudio Give me a call or arrange a time I heard somewhere in here 5pm on Friday which is tomorrow for a teleconference. Is that chat or voice? I can do either one now and I assume that is Missouri time? stay in touch
    We need to incorporate the charter for Ubuntu and the volunteer worker charter in some fashion into the charter. Does anyone have a link to either one of those? I would delay building a organizational structure until the basic concepts were defined. We also need rules (unfortunately) or at least some way to resolve disputes and people problems. I would suggest we do the basic tenants of the charter in such a manner as to make them more palatable to the group who will eventually accept our membership. Such as approval into the worldwide LoCo community by the committee and can we see what works for them and beg borrow or steal some ideas from other charters? any links would be helpful? Are we in contact with the overall organizational committee? (I know one exists somewhere) I have some college English (yes I passed believe it or not) so as long as we have some type of skeletal structure agreed upon then several drafts would go through approval phases by committee eventually to go to vote before the whole group? What committee?
    I need feedback but one other idea to push forward a little is keep the discussions in front of the committee that will approve our membership as the Missouri LoCo team into the Ubuntu group of teams. we are officially called a team which is a place to start I will log on at 5 as well tonight and see who shows up but I think we should refer at least to the discussions on this forum and bring it back here after the conference with transparency as a committee within the team being the motivation as well as that overall approval which is still pending? What is our status as the Missouri Ubuntu LoCo Team with Ubuntu?
    Windwalker
    Last edited by Windwalker52; October 21st, 2010 at 07:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker52 View Post
    Skype is working after installing PulseAudio Give me a call or arrange a time I heard somewhere in here 5pm on Friday which is tomorrow for a teleconference. Is that chat or voice? I can do either one now and I assume that is Missouri time? stay in touch
    We need to incorporate the charter for Ubuntu and the volunteer worker charter in some fashion into the charter. Does anyone have a link to either one of those? I would delay building a organizational structure until the basic concepts were defined. We also need rules (unfortunately) or at least some way to resolve disputes and people problems. I would suggest we do the basic tenants of the charter in such a manner as to make them more palatable to the group who will eventually accept our membership. Such as approval into the worldwide LoCo community by the committee and can we see what works for them and beg borrow or steal some ideas from other charters? any links would be helpful? Are we in contact with the overall organizational committee? (I know one exists somewhere) I have some college English (yes I passed believe it or not) so as long as we have some type of skeletal structure agreed upon then several drafts would go through approval phases by committee eventually to go to vote before the whole group? What committee?
    I need feedback but one other idea to push forward a little is keep the discussions in front of the committee that will approve our membership as the Missouri LoCo team into the Ubuntu group of teams. we are officially called a team which is a place to start I will log on at 5 as well tonight and see who shows up but I think we should refer at least to the discussions on this forum and bring it back here after the conference with transparency as a committee within the team being the motivation as well as that overall approval which is still pending? What is our status as the Missouri Ubuntu LoCo Team with Ubuntu?
    Windwalker

Hopefully everyone here got my skype invite. If not look me up as jwdinkc@skype.

I've been reading http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/governance. They touch on conflict resolution and a technical review board to review technical disputes.
    Last edited by Stray Wolf; October 21st, 2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: html

Beans

So, Friday at 5 on skype, I'll be there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i got a skype accnt but i dont think ill make it tomorow at 5 ill be working then heres my skype name mikebugman1968

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I may be there at 5 this evening, if not skype address is jcwmoore
    Always,
    John

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast