Thread: bad 10.4 update

Beans

bad 10.4 update

installed off my 9.10 disk. upgraded with the ubuntu software center. time fluctuated with teh wide range of down load speeds any where from 169Kbs to 16 Kbs the whole process took about 3 hours in which i got alot of errors like

linux-image 2.6.32-25- generic-pae is installed cant configure

Python-egenix-mxtools, python-appindicator, vino and firefox all had subprocess installed post installation script returned error exit status 139

im posting this from said computer fire fox has crashed 3 times now
    quando omni flunkus moritati

Beans

Re: bad 10.4 update

Did you checksum the iso you downloaded? I recently downloaded the iso for 10.04, and due to slowwww download speeds on DSL, it took 3 tries before I got it right. There were no download errors on the first 2 tries, but the md5 checksum didn't match. And, the bad iso's actually started the install process.

Beans

Re: bad 10.4 update

this was the upgrade for the software center on the computer. I don't know how to do a check sum on that. im downloading 10.10 ISO as we speak i know how to check that md5 before i burn it. tried the 64 bit 10.4 and i had a really bad time with it going back to the 32 bit. see if that helps been fighting it for about a week now... even tried fatdog but that is way over my head... seem to run really fast just couldnt do alot with it since i didnt know what i was doing. the update manager wanted me to post a file to ubuntu so they can see... i dont remember how it put it but i wasnt sure yet how to get it when firefox crashed again and then the computer locked up after a hard stop and reboot all i got was command line which i sadly dont know much about yet. but im just going to try burning a disk to see if i have better luck with that. just wasted 3.5 to 4 hours with the software center with nothing but a none usable desktop ugh im going to bed tomorrow will be a better day ( i hope)
    quando omni flunkus moritati