Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POLL: Which version of Ubuntu do you like?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: POLL: Which version of Ubuntu do you like?

Although I've only been using Ubuntu for about a year now, I've used 8.04, 9.10, and 10.04. I like 10.04 the best so far. Besides a few hiccups, everything works, and I like the way it looks. I've thought about upgrading to 10.10, but I've decided I'm definitely not going to. I've tried it via VirtualBox, and I don't see any real compelling reason to switch. Plus, when I tried it as a live CD, it kept locking up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Basically an explanation of what each one did for me.

9.04: I used this on both my laptop and desktop. It was fantastic and very stable and I loved Firefox in it for some reason. I "fell back" to this version numerous times on my desktop.
    9.10: Xorg constantly crashed due to my intel integrated graphics card on my desktop so I switched back to 9.04. I used 9.10 on my laptop up until 10.10 and it worked great.
    10.04: The installer wouldn't even work on my laptop, so I kept 9.10 installed. My desktop experienced crashing once again but I was able to stop it using a number of temporary fixes.
    10.10: Has worked excellent on both of my computers so far. By far my favorite, and only the second to work successfully on both my computers.
    Desktop: Intel Pentium IV 2.00 GHz 748 MB RAM Ubuntu 11.04 i386
    Laptop: Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz 985.8 MB RAM Ubuntu 11.04 i386
    "Box": Intel Pentium III 122 MB RAM Lucid Puppy Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Smile Re: POLL: Which version of Ubuntu do you like?

I've used 6.06,8.04,8.10,9.04,9.10,10.04 all stable those versions not mentioned I had video problems.
    Life is hard but fair it's the people u gotta worry about.
    AthlonIIx4 3gigs nvidia 9400gt 1gig
    750 & 500 gig HDD SD card reader 2 cdrw/dvdrw wireless. 23inch hp 2310m.
    Laptop HP G61 15.6 3gig ram.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

10.04 is my favorite. Yes, I've used 10.10.

I use Chrome for my browser and binaries for some of the other programs that I need up-to-date and I feel that the result is that I have the most stable system for my needs as well as the latest updates for my most important programs.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS worked on all of my computers; therefore, it is the one I like.

I have netbooks, laptops, and desktops made by various vendors; such as, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, HP, Compaq, and Asus. I'm staying with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS as the main OS because I don't what to spend the time every 6 months upgrading them. Then trying to figure out what driver on each one had a regression or whether the open source driver or proprietary driver is the best one to use.

I have one computer that is dedicated to trying new releases, other versions, and distro surfing.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

9.10 is the best! haven't tried 10.10 yet though

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

8.04 for me. 9.04 and 9.10 did not work well on this computer.
    M

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

10.04 is my favorite although I have try 10.10 on another hard disk. 10.04 is stable and works great on my desktop. But I don't see much different in 10.10 except for some software change. And I don't want the hassle to install those software I download all over again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12