Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sound in tvtime saa7134

Beans

sound in tvtime saa7134

Hello.

I need your help, i have a tv card saa7134 i have good image but nou sound, i have tryed what i found on the internet but still no solution.

If somebody has a solution it will be great to hear it, i just moved from windows so please give me solutions for dummies.

Thank you verry much.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: sound in tvtime saa7134

you probably solved your problem, but if not, try looking at the ALSA MIXER. It has been the killer on all of my systems.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have the saa7131 card and had the exact same problem, I tried as many programs as I could find, as well as days of googling and fiddling and still had the same problem.

My card is up and running now, although I'm running PCLinuxOS 2009.2 (KDE 4.3.3)

I can tell you that in the gnome and xfce versions of both Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS I would not get sound, I tried KDE on a whim (always been a user of gnome or xfce).

The base install of PCLinux has I believe KDE 3.5, and I've upgraded now to 4.3.3, no problems with sound in either versions.

I know this is not much help in the long run but it does give you at least a couple choices, try installing Kubuntu (I'm assuming your running gnome), failing that maybe think about giving PCLinuxOS a install and see if you have the same luck as myself.

Either way good luck

Damon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've got a similar card wich provides sound output on Windoze without any cable connected to the line-in of my sound card. Unfortunately no sound can be heard using TVtime on Karmic

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hansheijmans View Post
    I've got a similar card wich provides sound output on Windoze without any cable connected to the line-in of my sound card. Unfortunately no sound can be heard using TVtime on Karmic
    This is a known problem with TVTime. Not just with saa7131/4, but with other cards.

See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1320515

and: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...0?comments=all
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    This is a known problem with TVTime. Not just with saa7131/4, but with other cards.

See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1320515

and: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...0?comments=all
    Just read the conversations on launchpad. I hope, but do not expect so, that 10.04 will solve the issue. Maybe a complete uninstall of pulseaudio? I'm afraid that I will end up losing all audio (I'm using S/PDIF connected to home theatre, analog out to speaker set).

Are there any Ubuntu/TVtime developers reading these threads?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by hansheijmans View Post
    Just read the conversations on launchpad. I hope, but do not expect so, that 10.04 will solve the issue. Maybe a complete uninstall of pulseaudio? I'm afraid that I will end up losing all audio (I'm using S/PDIF connected to home theatre, analog out to speaker set).

Are there any Ubuntu/TVtime developers reading these threads?
    All I know is that this is a real issue and I've tried in 10.04 Alpha 3 with the same results, no sound in TVTime.

A bug has been filed ages ago, which has yet to be assigned to anyone. Numerous threads have been created on this issue both here and other forums.

Seems it's just being ignored.

A real shame, as TVTime worked flawlessly on this machine in Jaunty and previous Ubuntu versions
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    All I know is that this is a real issue and I've tried in 10.04 Alpha 3 with the same results, no sound in TVTime.

A bug has been filed ages ago, which has yet to be assigned to anyone. Numerous threads have been created on this issue both here and other forums.

Seems it's just being ignored.

A real shame, as TVTime worked flawlessly on this machine in Jaunty and previous Ubuntu versions
    Actually I couldn't get any sound from xawtv as well. I haven't tried MythTV yet, because I wasn't able to install this terribly complex piece of software (have tried it about 4 times). I don't need frontends, backends, MySQL servers etc. just to watch TV.

Maybe we should file a bug report again to get someone's attention?

Beans

Been fighting this one all weekend. Searching, reading, trying, reading, searching,... no luck. Anybody got this figured out? with confidence in their solution?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast