Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Way to go Apple!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Way to go Apple!

This is hardly surprising but if it happens, i hope it comes back to bite them real good.

I heard on the radio the other day that Apple has come up with something that can prevent sexting and are trying to Patent it. This just pisses me off! Youd think that they would share something like this out of good faith with the other mobile guys to help and be a solution to a growing problem of which many times ends in tragedy or at the very least has negative consequences.

So unless you have an Apple phone you wouldnt be able to have this feature.?
    Way to be part of the problem and not solution.

Nice going Apple.

Now i will really never ever buy or recommend an Apple product to anyone!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Way to go Apple!

Why are Apple trying to prevent sexting? Surely people should be allowed to decide for themselves whether or not to sext...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Slug71 View Post
    Now i will really never ever buy or recommend an Apple product to anyone!
    You did?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Earl_Maroon View Post
    Why are Apple trying to prevent sexting? Surely people should be allowed to decide for themselves whether or not to sext...
    Typically it would be used as a parental control.

pwnst*r is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans
    Hidden!

^That.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Countdown till Steve Jobs proudly announces "iPerv" the one click sexting app exclusively for iPhone and iPad.. only 9.99$
    On strike during the Oneiric cycle due to ungratefulness of Ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Ctrl-Alt-F1 View Post
    Typically it would be used as a parental control.
    My parental control involves the kids not having cell phones. Simple really. I also control what they watch on tv and listen to, what books they get out of the library, and so on. I don't expect technology to take the place of raising kids with proper values, in a proper, ethical and moral way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Children are brilliantly creative and can overcome tremendous obstacles when faced with a challenge. To try to prevent sexting could, for example, end up with the creation of an entirely new language or abbreviation type structure that will circumvent the settings of the controls anyway. I do not condone the behavior in any way, but some things just become hurdles instead of preventions. Kids master things quickly and if someone put controls in place to limit their communications via cell phone I would expect the timeline would be short until people figured out how to work around the controls.

I hate to think my own, or anyone else's, kids could be engaging in it, but freedom of speech is better managed when it remains free. Censorship creates obstacles but seldom does it create solutions.

And surely we know what happened during prohibition...people still drank. Parents need to be parents and control what their children do. Electronics cannot replace proper parenting.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by TBABill View Post
    . Parents need to be parents and control what their children do. Electronics cannot replace proper parenting.
    There, that's what I meant to say...

Beans

ABS Brakes have patents as do Air bags and Traction control so you wouldn't recommend those,

Just because they apply for and maybe granted a patent does not necessarily mean they will prevent other from using their parental control design.
    This account is not active.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast