Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Way to go Apple!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Way to go Apple!

I can understand filtering incoming messages, but if the iPhone is blocking outgoing sexts, surely the battle has already been lost...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I heard on the radio the other day that Apple has come up with something that can prevent sexting and are trying to Patent it.
    Capitalistic business practices, in a capitalistic world? What bastards!

I think that if a young person wants to send things like 'sexts' (assuming that's sex-oriented text messages), it's time for a birds and bees talk, not fickle control methods.
    Last edited by Grenage; October 19th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I think people here would cry foul if Microsoft and Apple together found the cure for cancer and gave it away free. Those same people would probably refuse to use the cure because it came from Microsoft and Apple.
    That's a poor way of trying make their business practises moral.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    I think that if a young person wants to send things like 'sexts' (assuming that's sex-oriented text messages), it's time for a birds and bees talk, not fickle control methods.
    ^

That's a poor way of trying make their business practises moral.
    To you and many other Linux users, the only "moral" business practise is to slap the GPL on the product and give it away for free. It's stupid and childish for people to whine over such insignificant things.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaldor View Post
    To you and many other Linux users, the only "moral" business practise is to slap the GPL on the product and give it away for free. It's stupid and childish for people to whine over such insignificant things.
    That's your assumption not mine and I didn't say everything has to be GPL. I'd just like more rights from companies like Microsoft and Apple and not to be sued if I try to make an innovating product, which Microsoft and Apple will claim patent infringement if my product started gaining market share(see the current situation).

While we're at it, why not throw some more moral dilemmas into the mix.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345