Thread: How much power does the Meerkat NetTop consume while running and while idle?

Beans

How much power does the Meerkat NetTop consume while running and while idle?

I see that the Meerkat NetTop has an 80W PSU inside, but I'm wondering what the typical power usage is both for while it is idle and while it is running a typical system load. I'm working on a team for the Solar Decathlon, so I need specific details!

Also does anyone have any suggestions for how much RAM I should get for a nettop that will only receive data from a few xbee chips (Ok, I'm thinking ~3 transreceivers on the nettop which will listen to a total of ~15-20 xbee chips) and run apache to allow for a nice web control front-end? I'm thinking maybe 2GB, but hoping 1GB would suffice (to save power...one less RAM chip = saved power, right?).

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm also interested in the typical power consumption of the Meerkat Ion NetTop.
    Last edited by compu73rg33k; October 18th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How much power does the Meerkat NetTop consume while running and while idle?

We don't do any specific testing, so I couldn't say for sure. I can guarantee it won't use more than 80 watts at any given time, though.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!