Thread: 10.04 Different faces for different spaces

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

10.04 Different faces for different spaces

I've been looking around trusty(tongue in cheek) google, as I would quite like different backgrounds for my different workspaces. Now I've found a couple of tutorials online and they all recommend downloading apps - CompizConfig Settings Manager and Avant Window Navigator because " after doing this you will not have link on to your desktop."

I don't want my desktops to disappear, I would just like to have different backgrounds when I go there. Is there any other simple app that can control this kind of function? It seems to me to be a simple one and am surprised after poking around it's not custom.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: 10.04 Different faces for different spaces

Bumping for input
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 10.04 Different faces for different spaces

Hello,

I know what you want, and I would like to know how to do this in Gnome too. In KDE it is (or was, I do not dig and use KDE4 anymore) quite easy to do, and one of the advantages of KDE over Gnome.

So you might have a try with KDE and hope that it is still possible in KDE4. And maybe you'll like KDE

And I hope someone will give you a more positive answer to this ...

Topsiho