Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Might be their submissions server is having problems (it happens quite regularly, tracks will just be cached and submitted afterwards). Either that or your file wasn't properly tagged or in some other way not within last.fm regulations (e.g. tracks shorter than 30 secs aren't submitted).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hi,
    I tried out the latest svn version, but that only imported 300-something songs from my database of over 10.000. And it did not connect to my iPod Shuffle.

I removed that version and installed the 0.2.8_i368 edgy version (from deb) and that gave me errors:
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 2296, in ?
        main()
      File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 2286, in main
        exaile = ExaileWindow(options, fr)
      File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 179, in __init__
        self.setup_menus()
      File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 1631, in setup_menus
        self.shuffle.set_active(self.settings.get_boolean('shuffle', False))
    TypeError: an integer is required
    This also occures after I purged it and compile the source myself.

Any help on this?
    Thanx because I really like this player better than others i've tried so far.

EDIT: it was solved by deleting the /home/username/.exaile folder and reinstalling the 0.2.8-I386.deb
    Last edited by gosh; February 5th, 2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Problem solved
    Ubuntu user # 7485 - Linux User # 412249
    "Oh, bother," said the Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by synic View Post
    UMS players will be supported in the next version

Adam
    Man, thank goodness for that. It's pretty frustrating to look long and hard to find an mp3 player that actually supports linux only to find that much of the linux development community is (undertandably) bending over backwards to support the proprietary iPod. I have a Cowon iAudio F2. Amarok plays nicely with it, but I look forward to Exaile as I prefer gnome.

Adam, any idea when the next version will be out?

Beans

For you edgy users who are itching for a newer version of Exaile but don't want to compile it, I maintain a repository with recent Exaile SVN snapshots. You can get it by adding this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
    Code:
    deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/syzygy42/ edgy exaile-svn
    Then type this in a terminal:
    Code:
    wget http://download.tuxfamily.org/syzygy42/8434D43A.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install exaile
    Otherwise, if you only want the stable versions, you can use this apt line instead:
    Code:
    deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/syzygy42 edgy exaile
    Then use the same commands.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just a heads up to the developer of this programme: the Tray Icons feature does not work in XFCE. I am using version 4.4 and it is not showing up. All other apps' tray icon works here for example gaim, azureus, banshee music player written in mono etc.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Can you tell me why some covers dont apear on OSD. I have all my covers in .jpg, all in same folder with songs and all with the same name cover.jpg. All covers aperar properly in internall window over playlist but only few in OSD. It's strange. It's annoying and it's shame because Exaile is very good player.
    Peace

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
    Alright I am having a bit of trouble with Last.fm and Exaile. I just cannot seem to get it to submit every song, it submitted 3 today, then just stopped submitting. Is anyone else experiencing a problem scrobbling in Exaile?

I'm having a similar problem. Random tracks won't get submitted for some reason. If I listen to the same songs in another player, they all get submitted.

Beans

Exaile is good, but amarok is still better for me as its media support is more vast to me.
    HOME BUILT SYSTEM! http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/22804/ Please vote up!
    remember kiddies: sudo rm -rf= BAD!, if someone tells you to do this, please ignore them unless YOU WANT YOUR SYSTEM WIPED

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by siimo View Post
    Just a heads up to the developer of this programme: the Tray Icons feature does not work in XFCE. I am using version 4.4 and it is not showing up. All other apps' tray icon works here for example gaim, azureus, banshee music player written in mono etc.
    I'm using xfce4.4, and the tray icon works fine for me. Maybe you don't have python-gnome2-extras?
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans

I switched back to Amarok now, beacuse Exaile is a lot slower when handling large playlists, und is not as responsive in general. additionally, when I select several mp3s in my file manager, it does open one exaile program for every file. amarok just puts them all in a playlist. But I'll check back back now an then

Page 61 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast