Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by chronusdark
    looks great can we expect ipod support in the future?

Eventually. I'll probably add zen micro support, first (as I don't actually own an iPod).

Beans
    Hidden!

Edit: Nevermind, realised I was missing pyxml.

Pretty nice player. Shows a lot of promise. Most gtk music players make me want to scream at how much the interface stabs at my eyes (Rhythmbox for example.)

Seems to take quite a while longer than I'm used to to import my music though, but I assume that's because of SQLite. An option to use an alternative database would be nice.
    Last edited by Sheinar; April 18th, 2006 at 05:54 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Very interesting player though it crashed it looks real good. There is a few things missing in Linux and one of them is music file support where you can brouse through files and shares that contain music guess you could do a bookmark type thing where you can go through your music collection using files as I personaly and many others keep there genders in different files.

Also I am looking forward to Zen support though Gnomad2 is pretty good having a player that does it may be better.
    quick program launch left mac type bar

Started by Omnios, December 30th, 2007 11:49 AM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Lots of changes.... including shoutcast directory support!

Last week someone broke into my car and stole my creative zen micro. (and various other items). I've finally gone to the dark side and purchased an iPod.

So... Exaile now has iPod support. Included in the svn repository is a python-gpod.deb for dapper in the debs/ dir.

Disclaimer: Exaile does not currently modify anything on the iPod as far as I can tell, however, there might be something I'm overlooking. Use at your own risk.

New screenshots can be seen at http://www.exaile.org
    Last edited by synic; May 10th, 2006 at 04:02 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

How about lyric fetching? This is why listen is my music player right now.
    Also, I would be at your feet if you made a "guitar player's" version that fetched tabulatures for songs as well.
    I've always thought that would be REALLY COOL nudge nudge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exaile will eventually support lyric fetching and wikipedia...

I like the idea of the tablature feature (I play the guitar too). Super idea, and yeah, I'll put it in as soon as I can. Do you have a preferred site for getting tabs? I use harmony-central...

On a side note: "listen" is a great player, and I think underused. So... here is a blatant ad: Seriously, check it out if you haven't already: http://listengnome.free.fr. I found it by accident whilst perusing the quodlibet site and had never heard of it before... which is suprising to me because it's such a nice app.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

This is a really cool player. So far, my only problem was that the preferences dialog wouldn't close with OK (therefore losing my preferences) because I didn't have iPod support:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/stephen/source/exaile/xl/prefs.py", line 369, in __Apply
        panel.Apply()
      File "/home/stephen/source/exaile/xl/prefs.py", line 134, in Apply
        self.settings['ipod_mount'] = self.mount.GetValue()
    AttributeError: 'iPodPrefs' object has no attribute 'mount'
    As a quick solution I just hacked prefs.py, removing the references in def Apply(self) under the iPodPrefs class to the ipod values and replacing them with dummy values (0). Seems to work fine now.

Edit: I guess a more permanent solution would be to do the dummy values in an if not IPOD_AVAILABLE: block and have the real settings in the else: clause. But I'm lazy
    Last edited by DoktorSeven; May 10th, 2006 at 04:46 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ah, thanks for the input. This should be fixed now.

Beans
    Hidden!

fretplay.com seems to have a lot of songs I'm looking for.
    I don't like ultimateguitar with all the flash and crap, but it always bails me out when I start to hate it
    I always thought harmony-central was kind of, weird? It does have a lot of tabs though.
    Seriously man, you would be my god if you could pull this out.
    I don't know much about programming, but I imagine the difficulty would be in getting a text friendly site with reliable tabs.
    I will help you look around for an appropriate site for testing, if you'd like.
    I agree listen is super, but one thing that really bugs me (and seems absent from exaile ) is the stupid white bar/panel in the middle, which takes up all that space, and doesn't even allow you to drag playlists into it to save, or anything. It drives me nuts lookin at it, but otherwise it's such a good player I can look past it.
    Last edited by nalmeth; May 10th, 2006 at 05:11 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
    Well, What can, I say.. Brilliant..

A few thing you could consider?

1: Add an option to auto play the track you've added to the playlist (Adding it to the top of the list to continue playback, next track etc)

2: Lyric Support, If you visit leoslyrics.com (Ask in the forums how to use his database He will email you, Or, I can give you the info, If you like, It's xml)

3: Mini GUI (Already requested)

4: Tray Icon... (really useful)

Other than those simple things, I love it... Just what I was looking for...

Keep it up, Loving the 'bloatless' feeling

Edit:

Just noticed the program toolbar doesn't update correctly..
    Last edited by mpmc; May 11th, 2006 at 08:57 PM.

Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast