Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans

Re: New music player - Exaile!

easy enough...thanks. Out of curiosity, what do those files I was missing do?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tarkka View Post
    easy enough...thanks. Out of curiosity, what do those files I was missing do?
    python-pysqlite2 is the python interface to SQLite databases which exaile uses to store the music library.
    python-pyogg and python-pyvorbis allow python to handle .ogg files.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    what are you talking about?

when a song is playing, there is a rating thing on the top right. Click it and set a number...thats one menu. You can ALSO use the scroll wheel if your really lazy....0 menus
    That is the point I don't want to play the song just to rate it.

In RB you can do it on the playlist.

In Foobar2k the best music player, you can use shortcuts to assign 1 key - 1 star, 2 -star
    Last edited by pt123; October 30th, 2007 at 03:16 AM.

Beans

can it play RealAudio feeds ? I just tried and it hung the application

Beans

lol, i cant believe anyone actually has real files anymore
    They are a really proprietary format so i dont think any app will handle them. I may be completely wrong, but im used to that. Do the files work in rhythmbox or something else?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pt123 View Post
    That is the point I don't want to play the song just to rate it.

In RB you can do it on the playlist.

In Foobar2k the best music player, you can use shortcuts to assign 1 key - 1 star, 2 -star
    Because Exaile is so extendible it's probable that your qualms can be easily rendered obsolete (assuming they haven't already). As far as accessing it goes, I can't really say I agree. Taking a look at the menu hierarchy it makes sense that you have to go through a few before you hit ratings.

Sounds more like you've simply grown accustom to Amarok. Especially if you believe it's the best player. Regardless, this "ridiculous" setup in Exaile isn't anything a simple plugin couldn't remedy.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    can it play RealAudio feeds ? I just tried and it hung the application
    If gstreamer supports it, exaile should be able to play it, though we may have to tweak some things to get stuff like tags working. Hanging the application sounds like maybe its having trouble contacting the server, see if it'll play in another gstreamer-based app like rhythmbox or totem-gstreamer.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by xat_ View Post
    Sounds more like you've simply grown accustom to Amarok.
    Amarok?? I mentioned RB- Rhythmbox & Foobar2k.

It is absurd to think that I have to go through and play every god damn song in my collection to rate them.

Players that are new should make an assumption that people already have been using another music player. To import those settings & values would be beneficial in converting the user.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

It is absurd to think that I have to go through and play every god damn song in my collection to rate them.

Players that are new should make an assumption that people already have been using another music player. To import those settings & values would be beneficial in converting the user.
    shouldnt the rating be stored in the ogg or mp3's id3 data? i know some players (like banshee) don't store id3 tags right (just like most photo managers suck at exif *looks at f-spot*) and just throw the info in their own db instead of doing it right

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans

Misread; was responding to your post and reading another which really pressed upon Amarok. Anyway, it's already been pointed out that you don't have to play songs to rate them. Why not alter Exaile's default theme or functionality to suit your needs? Or at least make a feature request?

Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast