Is there anyway to track why crashes occur? I've noticed that sometimes when I use Exaile the music stops and the window is gone (I'm guessing it crashed). Is there an error log output somewhere?
"I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)
I've spent couple of months searching for a decent audio player for my ubuntu system. I needed a player/collection manager, so I tried Rhythmbox (too simple), Banshee (simple & buggy), Listen (sloooow and kept crashing) and others, but then turned back to Rhythmbox because I thought exaile was just the same (it's only in 0.2 stage!).
Yesterday I decided to give it a shot (after reading this thread and an article on the web), and I was positively surprised!!
It's very fast, practically bugless, works with keytouch, last.fm, has a great way of sorting music and has lots of useful plugins.
I only encountered 2 problems so far:
1) Alarm Clock plugin doesn't seem to work. I tried with closed, trayed and open window (always with music stopped), but it just doesn't start...
2) DAP device keeps creating problems. I have a Cowon iAudio X5 30GB media player with almost 6000 songs on it. It takes Exaile couple of minutes to load them each time I plug in the player, and after that the songs (album, artist or genre style) aren't listed. I have to manually search for a certain artist/album, and even when Exaile lists search results, they're still buggy (right click doesn't work, duplicate entries, tag editing freezes,...) The entire Exaile freezes (or almost) after couple of songs...
I also have a couple of suggestions (from mediamonkey and my own ideas):
1) is it possible to rename filenames of songs based on their tags (ATM, only the reverse option is available)?
2) could more websites be added to coverart search (for example, last.fm)? That would be really helpful for non-english-speaking nations (my country's artists don't sell albums on amazon )
3) when adding tags from filenames, only a couple of options are included. Could a "manual" option be added where you create your own tag style?
Anyway, kudos to developer(s) you've made a great player! I've already uninstalled Rhythmbox and moved to Exaile
Thank you guys
A Q about Exaile!... Is there or will there be and equalizer for it? I like the app a lot so far, but the Eq thing is holding me back from testing it even further.
N800 in my pocket, Acer 1410 in my backpack, Thinkpad X31 on a shrine
Yes indeed I noticed a volume drop overall but for some reason it seems as if bass tones were affected the most. :S