Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Smile Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by merlyn View Post
    Check out this site here, hopefully you will find it useful.

Cheers.
    Cheers Mate. I don't have problems playing the files, but that Exaile doesn't add mentioned files to its library while other audio players do. And those of which it adds they appear to be inappropriately tagged but actually they are.

Thanks for the reply anyways.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: New music player - Exaile!

That's most bizarre indeed, mp3's appear in my library no dramas.

I use 'easytag' to modify my mp3 tags, you might like to try that, (perhaps you already do).
    "I'm just sittin' here watchin' the wheels go 'round and 'round"
    John Lennon

Beans

If the mp3s' tags have Unicode characters in them, that could be the problem. Exaile still has some issues with Unicode.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    If the mp3s' tags have Unicode characters in them, that could be the problem. Exaile still has some issues with Unicode.
    They were tagged using iTunes which uses Unicode. So does that mean I'll have to wait?

Beans

hello all,

i'm trying out exaile as a possible replacement to amarok (which i absolutely love, but the startup time is horrible on gnome). I have a few issues:

I'm using .29. I note a few pages back someone saying about double albums getting ordered wrongly (1,1,2,2,..) and that this was supposed to be fixed. Presumably it hasnt? Or am i missing a setting somewhere.

Second is just a suggestion. It seems tiny, but the X clear search button in amarok is really useful. In exaile if ive searched for Pearl Jam for example, I dont know if there's any other way to see the rest of my collection again without selecting the search term and deleting it manually.

Cheers

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Ole View Post
    They were tagged using iTunes which uses Unicode. So does that mean I'll have to wait?
    Well, you could use something like easytag or cowbell to remove the Unicode charachers from the tags, but aside from that, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by klep View Post
    hello all,

i'm trying out exaile as a possible replacement to amarok (which i absolutely love, but the startup time is horrible on gnome). I have a few issues:

I'm using .29. I note a few pages back someone saying about double albums getting ordered wrongly (1,1,2,2,..) and that this was supposed to be fixed. Presumably it hasnt? Or am i missing a setting somewhere.

Second is just a suggestion. It seems tiny, but the X clear search button in amarok is really useful. In exaile if ive searched for Pearl Jam for example, I dont know if there's any other way to see the rest of my collection again without selecting the search term and deleting it manually.

Cheers
    I don't think the two-disc issue has been resolved. In the meantime, you could just edit the album tag to add disc 1 or disc 2 to the end, alleviating the problem.

If you install sexy-python it'll add a clear button to the search fields.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson

Beans

thanks for the tip about sexy-python. Works a treat!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    I don't think the two-disc issue has been resolved. In the meantime, you could just edit the album tag to add disc 1 or disc 2 to the end, alleviating the problem.
    I made the earlier post regarding the 'double' album problem.

A bit of background on this; I made a post on the 'official' Exaile forums regarding this before the site underwent it's transformation. The response that I recieved was that it was being looked into and ought to be fixed in the 'next' release.

This was some time ago, and I'm sorry but I cannot remember the actual release number at the time.

My query on this thread, was intended to get an update on the progress of the problem.

Also to determine why Rhythmbox interpret, (perhaps 'parse' is a better term), the tag data correctly and Exaile not.

As far as editing the album tag data, I've attached an Easytag screen showing how I've entered the 'data' into the 'field' in question.

Perhaps there is another 'format' I could use, as suggested above.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Lennon

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by merlyn View Post
    I made the earlier post regarding the 'double' album problem.

A bit of background on this; I made a post on the 'official' Exaile forums regarding this before the site underwent it's transformation. The response that I recieved was that it was being looked into and ought to be fixed in the 'next' release.

This was some time ago, and I'm sorry but I cannot remember the actual release number at the time.

My query on this thread, was intended to get an update on the progress of the problem.

Also to determine why Rhythmbox interpret, (perhaps 'parse' is a better term), the tag data correctly and Exaile not.

As far as editing the album tag data, I've attached an Easytag screen showing how I've entered the 'data' into the 'field' in question.

Perhaps there is another 'format' I could use, as suggested above.

Cheers.
    I just tested the multidisc thing, and I can confirm it doesn't work. At all. The best temporary solution is to take the songs' 'album' tag and append '(disc 1)', etc. to it. eg., "Random Album" becomes "Random Album (disc 1)". Not a perfect solution by any means, but it works.

Beans
    Distro

That seems a sensible enough work around.

It would be nice to see it working though at some point in the future.

Cheers
    John Lennon

Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast