Page 53 of 121 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans

Re: New music player - Exaile!

I'm running Exaile 0.2.6 on Xubuntu 6.10 and for some reason the tray icon doesn't show up. I remember it showing up with older versions of Exaile on older versions of Xubuntu so I don't know where the error lies. I have the option checked in the preferences but it changes nothing. I ran out of things to try. Any suggestions?
    I do have the same problem as - Phi, i belive some icon is missing, when i run exail from terminal it gives me this:

oscar@BlackMesa:~$ exaile
    Sorry, egg.trayicon is NOT available
    Streamripper not found
    mmkeys are available.
    loading tracks...
    done loading tracks...
    loading songs
    Clearing tracks cache
    Importing /home/oscar/.exaile/saved/playlist0000.m3u
    Importing /home/oscar/.exaile/saved/playlist0001.m3u
    Importing /home/oscar/.exaile/saved/playlist0002.m3u
    Importing /home/oscar/.exaile/saved/playlist0003.m3u
    Can someone upload this icon and tell us where to put, please?
    Thank you.

Beans

i solved this problem by installing python-gnome2-extra package.
    Take care.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by trincamckee View Post
    I do have the same problem as - Phi, i belive some icon is missing, when i run exail from terminal it gives me this:

Can someone upload this icon and tell us where to put, please?
    Thank you.
    You need python-gnome2-extras
    Try http://exaile.org - it's groovy! | My blog: http://www.vimtips.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by synic View Post
    You'll have to wipe out your database and rescan. The schema has changed a lot... there will be a converter, but not until I think the schema won't change anymore.
    that did the trick. thanks, looks nice so far

Beans

I figured this would be a good place to ask this question:

I am running the latest version of Exaile (couldn't see myself using anything else, the program is great!) and everything works wonders except for the organization and metawriting of .wma objects. I have a ton of WMAs that came with me when I migrated from Windows and while Exaile will play them just fine, they seem to be completely out of order in the Library list and the metadata isn't writing like the other songs are. Does that make any sense?

UPDATE: Nevermind, WMA's are evil and I converted them all to .mp3. I'll see how that works.

One more question though: How do you wipe out the database and rescan? I am getting the same dbus error when trying to run version0.2.7b and the solution you gave made no sense to me. Thanks!
    Last edited by matchboxfiend; December 10th, 2006 at 07:16 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by matchboxfiend View Post
    I figured this would be a good place to ask this question:

I am running the latest version of Exaile (couldn't see myself using anything else, the program is great!) and everything works wonders except for the organization and metawriting of .wma objects. I have a ton of WMAs that came with me when I migrated from Windows and while Exaile will play them just fine, they seem to be completely out of order in the Library list and the metadata isn't writing like the other songs are. Does that make any sense?

UPDATE: Nevermind, WMA's are evil and I converted them all to .mp3. I'll see how that works.

One more question though: How do you wipe out the database and rescan? I am getting the same dbus error when trying to run version0.2.7b and the solution you gave made no sense to me. Thanks!
    If you want to do this in the terminal, this should work.
    Code:
    cd ~
    rm --recursive .exaile
    In Nautilus go to your home folder and remove the folder .exaile in Nautilus. You will have to go to view and click show hidden files to do this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

For anybody who wants. I just built the lastest svn for a friend at his house. Just download it from here and use this to install.
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i exaile_0.2.7b_i386.deb
    It was built on Kubuntu Dapper but should work fine on Ubuntu Dapper. If you have problems running it, try installing the latest python-mutagen from here.

Special Note: Make sure you delete your current .exaile folder that is located in your home directory before you install this. Also, if you are looking for a AMD64 build just refer to my site in my sig. Remember that this is not finished so it might have a few bugs.
    Last edited by cborga1985; December 16th, 2006 at 03:16 AM.

Beans

I am not sure if anyone has already requested this. I like in Quod Libet Album List view you can see all your album covers. Sometimes I pick up an album to listen by its cover. I wonder if such option could be added into exaile?
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by foxy123 View Post
    I am not sure if anyone has already requested this. I like in Quod Libet Album List view you can see all your album covers. Sometimes I pick up an album to listen by its cover. I wonder if such option could be added into exaile?
    I COMPLETLY 2nd this. That would be awesome.

Beans

I am trying to customise OSD but do not know how to display a total number of tracks in a album. So far I managed the following:
    Code:
    {track}/
    What should I put after /? Also is it possible to get dynamic progress of the song like 3:56/5:01 (meaning that 3:56 minutes of the song of 5:01 total has already played)? The guide on www.exaile.org/markup.html is a bit too complicated for me
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Page 53 of 121 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast