Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by synic View Post
    What is the file extension?
    .m4a

Beans

Great work Synic, the player runs great.

Just what I was looking for a Gtk alternative to Amarok. I'm still trying to get it to sync with my (non-ipod) Samsung YP-D1 music player (on Ubuntu Dapper), but still really Exaile is really great work.... many thanks

Beans

Hey. This piece of software looks promising, but i could not make it work with my DAP, it aint an ipod, it's a iAudio. Ubuntu detects it, but either Banshee or Exaile do it. Any tip in Exaile?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ooooohhh, pretty and simple, thanks a lot!
    12" MacBook 2017 triple booting Mac OS Big Sur, Ubuntu 20.10, and Windows 10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I tried registering for the Exaile forum, but I never got a confirmation email.

These are points I wanted to bring up:

Exaile keeps triggering Last.fm's spam protection, so none of my songs are getting logged.

I can't play any of my Fantômas songs. I think the error I get is the same as the one reported by this user, except I'm trying to play Vorbis files, not MP3s.

I can't append a particular album to the playlist, probably because it has a song called "5'2""

The Cancel button should be moved to the left side in some windows, such as the Open Media, Open Playlist and Export Playlist windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: New music player - Exaile!

mmmm is it just me or exaile's OSD during a radio stream does not function properly? Am using Xubuntu Dapper 6.06.1. It displays the default info at the beginning of the stream and when the song changes it doesn't show anymore as in no OSD. The the system tray icon tool tip does reflect the song change. It works fine with local media but with streaming its something else.

When I started using Exaile first on Kubuntu then Xubuntu it was said that there was a system tray icon but there was none that I saw. For Gnome users pehaps the dependencies were already installed but for KDE and XFCE who want to use Exaile, please include gnome-python & gnome-python-extras (and others I may have forgotten to mention) in the dependencies else there will be no system tray icon.

In queueing items in a playlist you can't mix local media and radio streams. Also, when wanting to listen to/accessing a radio stream you can't queue a stream instead you have to double click on a stattion and a tab is open containing the stream(s) and then double click to play a stream. It is not user friendly that way. Most media players have easier straight forward steps for Radio stream/local file listing/saving/queueing.

For cover art, most of us living outside the US, our collections have items that do not have US releases for the most part so it would be nice if non- US release covers can be fetched. So aside from amazon.com plus other locales(JAP,SPN,UK etc.) or perhaps other sites that support this kind of data fetching simillar in Amarok or perhaps even better.

Overall,this app rocks. Been looking for a more lightweight app compared to Amarok. This realy should be placed in the repositories or perhaps installed by default.

This app is great!!! Thank you Synic for developing such a great app!!!!

-garybrlow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I don't mean to be harsh, but the album art grabber is pretty horrible. I understand it not finding album art on Amazon, but it constantly finds the wrong art.
    Last edited by banjobacon; August 27th, 2006 at 09:17 PM.

Beans

Uhm, how does playlists work? I tried to make a new one, added some files, but as soon as i exited Exaile and i tried to open it up again the playlist was just blank. I can't seem to find a save button either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Another question...the album art, if we get all the art for our albums, is there a way we can download the graphics for local copies on our machines, for transfer to an mp3 player with album art support perhaps, like the vision M i have???

Also, media buttons on some keyboards are working, but not exactly as they should, for example the forward button moves one song forward but then you can't move back with the previous button. And it's not the keyboard, because these functions work perfectly with rhythmbox, but im looking to switch to exaile permanentley.
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Canute View Post
    Uhm, how does playlists work? I tried to make a new one, added some files, but as soon as i exited Exaile and i tried to open it up again the playlist was just blank. I can't seem to find a save button either.
    In the preferences, select "Open last playlist on startup".

Page 43 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast