Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by synic View Post
    I'm actually not quite sure how iTunes does it, but maybe listen (http://listengnome.free.fr) is what you're looking for?
    yeah, I think that's what he means.
    Instead of changing it completely, how about having the option to pick what type of music browser you want? having an option in the preferences dialog instead of changing it completely would be great.

Beans

Great player. Many Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Is there an easy way to change the images next to artist name or change the locations from which to download the lyrics/tablature?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Moving /home To a New Partition | Creating Backups | Mounting Windows Shares At Boot
    Linux User #409900 | Ubuntu User #4897

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by populacho View Post
    yeah, I think that's what he means.
    Instead of changing it completely, how about having the option to pick what type of music browser you want? having an option in the preferences dialog instead of changing it completely would be great.
    I've always had a preference of the iTunes interface. A simple browser of libraries/playlists on the left, and the current contents on the right, with a small box in the lower left with album art. Rhythmbox would be perfect if they had drag-n-drop changing of the albumart and better id3 tag editing support.
    1. Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, ASUS P5L-VM 1394, GeForce 8600GT (PCI-e), WinTV PVR-150
    2. AMD Athlon 64 3500+, ACER FC51GM/Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS, NVidia GeForce 6100, Netgear WG311T

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

keep up the good work, this is excellent!

one simple suggestion so far is that when I opened a stream the play icon that shows up next to the playing song is just a little too big for the column.

Thanks!

Beans

nOOb need your help!!!
    First off, this player is amazing! It is the most heavily used app on my box. But recently, I tried to mess around with audio output(???) and switched it to "ossink"(I think) from the default.
    And now "Exaile" has left me with this:

Code:
    Introspect error: The name org.exaile.DBusInterface was not provided by any .service files
    ***** You can safely ignore the above error.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 1742, in ?
        main()
      File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 1734, in main
        exaile = ExaileWindow(fr)
      File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 112, in __init__
        media.set_audio_sink(self.settings.get('audio_sink', 'Use GConf'
      File "/usr/share/exaile/xl/media.py", line 85, in set_audio_sink
        audio_sink = gst.element_factory_make(sink)
    gst.PluginNotFoundError: ossink
    Please, ohh please help me to debug/fix this problem.

Thank you.

p.s. complete reinstall did not help

p.s.^2 Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just edited .exaile/settings.ini

Dmitriy
    Last edited by dmitriyr333; August 6th, 2006 at 05:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

I can't add aac files to my library. I can play them off my ipod I just can't import the ones my hard-drive. The extension is m4a
    Last edited by hanzomon4; August 5th, 2006 at 05:58 PM.

Beans

I like it alot! Looks like this is my new music player, I only have one problem. I didn't look through all of the pages of replies to see if someone said that they had the same problem as me, but several of the songs in my library are shown as being 0:00 in length, it still plays the song, but the little progress bar at the bottom of the screen doesn't work. But hey, I like it.

Beans

Does anyone get the Most Played/Least Played/Top 100 playlists to work? Mine shows the same tracks on the Most and Least played lists. The Top 100 is a bit different, but still.. When i check the Information tab, all of my tracks have a play count of 0? And System ratings of -2 or -3, whatever that means.

Great player though

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

i'm really impressed with this app-- but it seems to ignore mp3's from my music library. it adds mpc, flac and ogg files without issue.. if i drag the files from the file browser, it adds them, but not when i scan the music library. am i missing

Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast