Page 22 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Ok. I think I've got pyggettext2.4 sorta figured out, so I'm guessing this is what translators will need:

http://synic.ath.cx/messages.pot

Thanks,

--synic

Beans

First off, superb player.....however, one small issue I have concerning tags. I have spent a lot of time ensuring that my MP3 tags are correct using Easy Tag and in Amarok all appear as they should. Trouble is, in Exaile, none of my album names have come across. The artist, track number, genre etc all are there but no album name. Any ideas ???

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MeneK
    Exaile is simple and nice. Great work.

But, could you have a look at this screenshot?

Attachment 10949

Some files seem to have their ID3 tags corrupted when I'm using Exaile. They looked right in Rhythmbox, but after modifying some of the tags with Exaile, then the opposite happened: the modified files looked right in Exaile and wrong in Rhythmbox, and also in FooBar2000, when I boot with winXP.

I'm using Ubuntu 6.06, and my music library is on a FAT32 partition.

Thanks!
    I've just discovered that Windows Media Player 10 doesn't reconigse the same tags than Exaile, while they seem perfect with Rhythmbox or FooBar2000.

I have not sat and read all 10 (22 in linear display mode) pages, so I am sorry if I repeat anything that was already mentioned.

I am thinking of figguring out if I can get Nero to work under WINE, but until I am able to do that I really liked that I could just drag a Winamp type (as in m3u or pls) playlist into Listen and then hit the button to Burn a CD.

I have not been able to drag and drop files or playlists into Exaile. I don't know if this is a function of Exaile or something else, but it would be a nice feature. Also, it would be nice when I am in a playlist to be able to rightclick in the playlist and get an option to browse my filesystem for media files or playlist files to add to the current playlist. Finally, a feature to burn CDs such as Listen has would be a nice addition.

Thank you for such a great app. It really was so much more than I expected when I decided to give it a try. It is much more like a Ver 2.x app than a 0.02b app. Great work.
    Last edited by T313C0mun1s7; June 11th, 2006 at 12:38 AM.

arnieboy Guest

First of all:
    I am on Dapper and I tried version 0.2b
    This player is very impressive and is the best of the lot currently in my opinion.
    A few bugs which need to be addressed in the radio section:
    1) Exaile is unable to retrieve radio stations in some shoutcast genres like "80's" (not the only one).
    2) Everytime, I double click on a radio genre, it opens a new tab. A check should be added to make sure that if a tab is already open for one genre, it should not get re-opened in a new tab if clicked again and preferably, the tab in which it was already open should gain focus.

I am sure the author has already planned to add buttons for "shuffle", "loop" etc in future releases.

This player should become the defacto Gnome media manager in the near future.

Good luck :)
    Last edited by arnieboy; June 11th, 2006 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnieboy
    This player should become the defacto Gnome media manager in the near future.
    Yes, I agree. I Strongly Agree.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Damn. Its so amuzingly functional.

Not an only "just-fancy" thing. Its cuasi-perfect.

Keep on it (seriously)
    Last edited by JMO707; June 11th, 2006 at 06:45 AM.

Beans

A few notes while translating (I'll finish by tommorrow, I think).

• Around line 475, there's an empty string.
      Code:
      #: xl/trackslist.py:75 xl/trackslist.py:602
      msgid ""
      msgstr ""
      msginit gives an error because of this.
    • At exaile.py:255, Last means playlist that was last played, right?
    • At exaile.py:336, does "prevent from being added to the library on rescan" mean the tracks will be removed from the library on rescan? I'm not too sure what this sentence means.
    • Is there any difference between a library and a collection?
    • When asking the user "Blacklisting the selected tracks..." I personally think the choices should be
      Cancel Blacklist

----
    Also, when I "View Full Image" of a very large (> 800x600) image, the image covers the whole screen and won't go away. I had to alt+drag the image to find the X button.
    Last edited by darehanl; June 11th, 2006 at 11:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

[QUOTE=darehanl]A few notes while translating (I'll finish by tommorrow, I think).

• Around line 475, there's an empty string.
      -- this should be fixed if you refresh the messages.pot
    • At exaile.py:255, Last means playlist that was last played, right?
      -- Yes
    • At exaile.py:336, does "prevent from being added to the library on rescan" mean the tracks will be removed from the library on rescan? I'm not too sure what this sentence means.
      -- It means that the track will never be in the library, even if you rescan your collection
    • Is there any difference between a library and a collection?
      -- No

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

awesome player I love it, I used to use KDE purely for amarok (I hate running qt apps in a gtk environemt too) and this is exactly what I was looking for.

I haven't used it extensively yet, I only installed it a half hour ago, but the first thing that jumps out at me is that it doesn't remember it's position between instances. It would be awesome if there was an option to start in full screen or something.
    My Site: theshadowaspect.com
    Anyone who uses phrases like Winblows, or M$, or Microsucks, etc. are not doing the Linux world any favors.

Page 22 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast