Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1202

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Very nice player!
    Finally something similar to Amarok, but a little lighter =)

The radio function is also fantastic! I get clear streams from japan and china =)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

taking a look now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

well, i had a blast with it and found it very nice, and would keep it installed if it was not for one limited feature

it's limited to playing 150.00 minutes so if i have an mp3 three hours long it will miss off the last 30 mins
    to be fair most people will not have mp3's over 150.00

all in all a thumbs up

Beans

I used exaile from maybe 0.2.2 or so onwards, but lately i've reverted to xmms, because of several showstopper bugs in 0.2.11. First it didn't seem to survive through scanning my collection. After i resolved character encoding issues in tags and filenames (musicbrainz picard <3), it managed to build the library, but didn't display anything in the library browser. I could still use the directory browser or drag files from nautilus, except that exaile would display the corresponding tags from some other, seemingly random, tracks instead of the ones i dragged. The right ones would still play, but those wrong ones would get uploaded to last.fm. In addition, at some version change the ipod plugin stopped exporting played tracks, which used to be one of exaile's attractive features.

Well anyway. I'll keep on checking out new versions when they come out, since it's still my favourite player, as long as it works. IIUC the next phase in exaile's developement is a rewrite towards version 0.3, correct? Is it coming along nicely?

Btw, A real working "start iconified" option is at the top of my feature wishlist.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Is it possible to get the drag and drop cover management in RhythmBox? which is great as it is 10 times faster to fix crappy/wrong covers.

Beans
    Hidden!

My only desire would be to fix the weird AWN issues when using mini-mode.

I have Exaile as a launcher, and normally it's fine. I can minimize/maximize the window from the launcher icon. I go into mini-mode and a NEW icon pops up in my taskbar, and then the other one doesn't seem to work right. No idea why.

Also, when using "desktop cover", if a song comes around without an album cover, after that each album cover appears as a dark square on the desktop and it's only fixed after turning the plugin off and then turning it on again.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    My only desire would be to fix the weird AWN issues when using mini-mode.

I have Exaile as a launcher, and normally it's fine. I can minimize/maximize the window from the launcher icon. I go into mini-mode and a NEW icon pops up in my taskbar, and then the other one doesn't seem to work right. No idea why.
    AWN bug, not exaile.

Also, when using "desktop cover", if a song comes around without an album cover, after that each album cover appears as a dark square on the desktop and it's only fixed after turning the plugin off and then turning it on again.
    no idea, file a bug on launchpad.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans

I have one album that's behaving kind of strangely... none of the tag information loads in Exaile, and when I try to save tag info within Exaile, I get an "Unknown error"...

Beans

I am very impressed with Exaile so far. I prefer it to Amarok which was crashing and doing a few funny things, especially after I had been using another audio aplication.

One thing, do other people have problems retriving album covers from compilation albums. The Cover Art retriver thingy wants to pick album covers for each of the artists, not the actual album. So, if there are twenty different artists on the one album it will download a selection of different album covers.

The album cover retriver seems to want to select by artist first, then album. Is it possible to change this to album first then artist without going through each cover individually? - especially annoying if you have lots of compiltaion albums. Or, is then another solution? I didn't have this problem in Amarok.

Other than that, Exaile rocks.
    Desktop: Intel Pentium IV 2.40GHz, Memory 1GB, Ubuntu 8.40
    Laptop: Mobile AMD Sempron 1.8 GHz, Memory 1.2GB, Kubuntu 8.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Wow this is the most amazing Music Player I have come across yet!!!!

Only been using it for about an hour, and it doesn't seem to be missing anything.

Much more stable than Amarok and it plays MMS streams and has an equalizer.

Response times are good and it blends into gnome nicely.

Just awesome!!!

Exaile should be included in Hardy.

+1 from me

Sign-up to Dropbox using the following link and get 2.25GB of storage FREE!!!
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTM2NDgxOTc5

Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast