Page 109 of 121 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1202

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by jdackle View Post
    Thanks reacocard!

I'll try it out the python-psyco thing and update to the latest stable Exaile - my system hasn't been so healthy lately and I don't want to install any development version at this moment; actually, I try and avoid dev unstable versions as much as possible.

Cheers!

EDIT: BTW, I've just noticed the GPG key from the Exaile repo is signed by you - are you the new main developer or the Ubuntu maintainer?
    You have to use the devel version to get psyco support, that's the only reason I say to do that. Exaile devel tends to be quite stable though, and you can always upgrade smoothly to the next stable release when it comes out.

As for GPG, I maintain that repo and I am an exaile dev, but I am not the lead dev, synic is.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans

Hmm, did the command for Exaile change or something?

I have been using it to play streams from streamtuner for a long time, but since I updated Exaile this week it is borked. Exaile will only play my MP3s on the hard drive now, no streams.

Exaile version 0.2.11
    Streamtuner 0.99.99

Using the command exaile %q in streamtuner.
    Last edited by najames; December 19th, 2007 at 01:26 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by najames View Post
    Hmm, did the command for Exaile change or something?

I have been using it to play streams from streamtuner for a long time, but since I updated Exaile this week it is borked. Exaile will only play my MP3s on the hard drive now, no streams.

Exaile version 0.2.11
    Streamtuner 0.99.99

Using the command exaile %q in streamtuner.
    Exaile has built-in internet radio support (you may need to enable a plugin or two), why not use that instead?
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    You have to use the devel version to get psyco support, that's the only reason I say to do that. Exaile devel tends to be quite stable though, and you can always upgrade smoothly to the next stable release when it comes out.

As for GPG, I maintain that repo and I am an exaile dev, but I am not the lead dev, synic is.
    Thanks for the clarification, reacocard!
    I'll take a look at that later, no time now!

BTW, something in the latest stable release is weird! I made a typo for the album name of a local band's cd and now I can't seem to fix it. And I believe I could in the version Gutsy provides.

Later!

Tahnks!
    jdackle ~ Linux Counter user # 274021 ~ Ubuntu Counter User # 17154

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    Exaile has built-in internet radio support (you may need to enable a plugin or two), why not use that instead?
    Ok, I installed the Exaile plugin for Shoutcast, but it doesn't seem to have the ability to search for stuff like Streamtuner. It also doesn't sort by bitrate correctly for some reason.

I have used Streamtuner/ripper for several years. I guess it is a comfort factor plus I already have it set up to record to certain directories, etc.

I still don't see why it broke after the recent update, might be Streamtuner. I changed Streamtuner to use Rhythmbox but still no joy.
    Last edited by najames; December 20th, 2007 at 09:20 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

You do realize that Amarok works just fine in Ubuntu? As far as I'm concerned, Exaile is, well, NOT Amarok.........
    "Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mandrill View Post
    You do realize that Amarok works just fine in Ubuntu? As far as I'm concerned, Exaile is, well, NOT Amarok.........
    You're right! Good job. Exaile is, in fact, an entirely different piece of software that is quite independent of amaroK. Similarly, Ubuntu is not Sabayon and apple pie is not a cake.

However, I don't like amaroK very much. It's a very nice program and if I used KDE I'd probably have it as default, but Exaile has a number of things that make it superior in my eyes.

1) Faster. amaroK takes a good 10 seconds to start up every damn time.

2) Less cluttered. amaroK has far too many features I don't need hogging screen space.

3) I love that Exaile has the little popup notification thingy. Mouse over the icon in the notification area, you get a little window of what the song is.

Amongst others. The application is simply better in my opinion and dangit it's gonna be hard for that to change.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    3) I love that Exaile has the little popup notification thingy. Mouse over the icon in the notification area, you get a little window of what the song is.
    Amarok does that too. As does Rhythmbox. As does probably most mp3 players...
    Open Words - Building an open creative writing community.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to have Exaile place songs in subdirectories when transferring to a device. Currently I have all my music on my player set up in Artist/Album/Song order. But I noticed when I transferred some songs it just dumped them in the root directory which could make a mess with a lot of songs.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 2 X 1TB, 1 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by mandrill View Post
    Have you tried to use amarok with a dark GTK theme? It may work fine, but it doesn't follow gnome's appearance in no manner. That is reason enough for me not to use it.
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Page 109 of 121 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast