Thread: Firefox buttons too big. Can't shrink.

Beans

Firefox buttons too big. Can't shrink.

When I use Firefox in Ubuntu, the button spacing is much wider than the Window's setting. I share the same profile with my windows Firefox and there is a relatively big difference in the size and I want to know if there's a way to make the button/bar sizes smaller.

I've already tried Layout.css.dpi in the configurations and that doesn't work.

Screenshot

Thank you

Beans

Re: Firefox buttons too big. Can't shrink.

Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

In my case , a theme change yesterday caused the buttons to become much larger in Firefox and Nautilus. My arrow buttons are twice the size but happen to like the change . Some Firefox themes (not personas) have fixed button sizes if you can find one you like.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans

Do you know way to manually change the spacing, like in Chrome.css or Configuration Editor or whatnot? I've tried other themes but the spacing is the same. It's not so much the size of the buttons of the bothers me because changing the font can fix that but it's the large amount of spacing that separates each icon and toolbar.

And this is only for Ubuntu, my Windows 7 Firefox spacing is narrow and I'm content with that. I'm guessing it has something to do with Nautilus rather than Firefox. I just like veiwing more content on my windows without maximizing the screen with F11 because I switch screens alot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Right click on the Firefox menu bar and select the option to "Customize", then at the bottom of the customize window select the option for "Small Icons".
    i5 2500k | Gigabyte Z68 UD3p | Corsair 1600LP 8gb | MSI HD6870 TwinFrozer | Samsung 830 SSD/WD Black | Seasonic 520w modular
    http://spankmon.wordpress.com