Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printer GDI issues Panasonic kx-mb2000

Beans

Re: Printer GDI issues Panasonic kx-mb2000

I followed colorblue's guide and the I am not able to print

As soon as I try to print something I have a message saying stopped, and I don't know why. If I open the system settings and go to the printers, I get that:
    Printer status: Idle : Processing page 1...
    and it stays like that forever.

I am using Kubuntu 11.10

Beans

Hi,

I suggest to take a look to these two threads:
    - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1870324: it explains why it is so hard to use with a Panasonic printer
    - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1482510&page=2: it gives a alternative solution.

Hope it helps.
    Oooohhhhh!!!!!

Beans

Hi!

Seems like I cannot start new threads as of now but I think I have a solution for the not so intensive support from Panasonic itself and/or the missing support for Panasonic laser printers from CUPS.

I already could print with the 32 Bit Edition after installing the driver provided by Panasonic which includes a ppd-file named 'L_Panasonic-MB2000-gdi.ppd'. Under 64 Bit the driver will not install and complain about the wrong architecture.

I have a KX-MB2061 and Ubuntu 12.04 64 Bit Edition. Here is what I did to get that thing to work:

1. downloaded Panasonic driver from their website -> extracted it to a folder
    2. copied L_H0JDJCZAZ.so.1.0 to /usr/lib32/

3. googled for and downloaded libjbig-1.0.0-1.i386 + libtetra-1.0.0-2.i386
    4. extracted these two to separate folders
    5. copied the everything to the matching folders in /usr/lib/ and /usr/lib32/ (I was not shure so I copied them to both locations)

6. googled for rastertogdi-1.0.1-9.i386, downloaded it as rpm
    7. extracted it and got a folder usr with two folders in it
    8. then copied ../usr/lib/cups/filter/ to /usr/lib/cups/filter/ and /usr/lib32/cups/filter/
    9. also copied ../ usr/share/cups/model (files: kxmb****.ppd) to /usr/share/cups/model

10. downloaded libcupsimage2 (i386) -> extracted to folder and copied to /usr/lib32/

12. opened 127.0.0.1 in web browser
    13. there chose 'Add Printer' (maybe you want to disable your firewall here, I did)
    14. my printer was shown as a recognized network printer (KX-MB2060) -> I chose that
    15. next page I had two vendor entries 'Panasonic' and 'Panasonic Systems Network Co., Ltd.' -> I chose the second one because only that will present the correct ppd-file (without 'gdi' in its name) in the next step
    16. in the following step I selected 'Panasonic KX-MB2000 Series, 1.0.1 (...) ' as model
    17. now I was able to successfully print a test page

I do not really know, if all these steps are really necessary but this worked for me and I do not have the time to test all the steps for their necessitiy.

This thread got me going in the right direction so thx for the help, and I hope that others get their faster than me (this would be under 2 days) with this addition.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12