Thread: Anybody see js errors at ThisAmericanLife.org?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Anybody see js errors at ThisAmericanLife.org?

Hi guys and gals,

Anybody listen to This American Life Podcasts? Well I removed my Rhythmbox db today to rebuild it. I wanted to add my podcast for This American Life back in, so I went to the site to get the podcast url.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/

Lo and behold, Firefox locked up, lots of javascript warnings, then the whole machine locked up. Couldn't do anything but Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to restart gdm.

Code:
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding.  You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script  will complete.

Script: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/sites/default/files/js/js_51f64116071d173c1fa7657e9468895f.js:957

I removed my .mozilla file and started FF up again. The website loaded fine. So, I installed my addons again, and after installing Personas, the same site went bonkers again.

Uninstalled Personas but that site is still a javascript kludge. I have another machine here that loads it just fine in FF. Personas was never installed on that machine.

Don't know if it is their crappy js code or my crappy FF browsers. Any TAL fans want to give it a shot. If it is their site I can post them some info about it.

If it was installing Personas I can delete my .mozilla profile again. Just askin' .

Cheers,
    brook
    ...some helpful links for Ubuntu newbies:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

SOLVED: Anybody see js errors at ThisAmericanLife.org?

Holy Crap! That site sucks a-double-ss, or maybe FF sucks! I tried it in Google Chrome and it opens just fine with no errors. Buenas noches amigos.
    Last edited by brookie; October 15th, 2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: solved
    ...some helpful links for Ubuntu newbies:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Anybody see js errors at ThisAmericanLife.org?

It freezes my Firefox too.

Beans
    Hidden!

It loads just fine for me. No Personas.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by brookie View Post
    Hi guys and gals,

[snip]

Cheers,
    brook
    Quote Originally Posted by brookie View Post
    Holy Crap! That site sucks a-double-ss, or maybe FF sucks! I tried it in Google Chrome and it opens just fine with no errors. Buenas noches amigos.
    What the hell?
    G! dpu s:++ a C+++ UL++ P L+++ !E W+++ N+ o? K- W-- O- M- V- PS+ PE- Y+ PGP t- 5 X+ R* tv-- b DI- D- G e+ h+ r--- y+