Thread: Using Magic Trackpad

Beans

Using Magic Trackpad

Hello world!

I recently upgraded to maverick and wanted to ask: how can i make my magic trackpad work with it?
    Pairing,single-finger pointing and tap to click work great out of the box,but two finger scroll,two-finger tap etc don't work at all!(the option "two-finger scrolling" in the touchpad tab isn't enabled)

Beans

Re: Using Magic Trackpad

Quote Originally Posted by gino90 View Post
    Hello world!

I recently upgraded to maverick and wanted to ask: how can i make my magic trackpad work with it?
    Pairing,single-finger pointing and tap to click work great out of the box,but two finger scroll,two-finger tap etc don't work at all!(the option "two-finger scrolling" in the touchpad tab isn't enabled)
    If you want to build and install yourself, you could try this project: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1334696

You could also switch from the evdev X driver (default install in maverick) to the synaptics X driver, by adding this to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Code:
    Section "InputClass"
        MatchIsTouchpad "true"
        Identifier "Multitouch Touchpad"
        Driver "synaptics"
    #    Driver "multitouch"
    #    Driver "evdev"
    EndSection
    The utouch project (https://launchpad.net/utouch/) aims to provide more complete gesture support, but currently lacks some functionality provided by the above alternatives.
    Last edited by kosumi68; October 16th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

Beans

Re: Using Magic Trackpad

Hi!
    Thank you for your answer,first of all!
    Could you tell me what differences there are between the three projects you mentioned?
    I had a look on all of them,and synaptics driver should be the most stable but has the least features,if I don't go wrog,utouch has most features of all but is still in development,while the new xf86-input is somewhere in between.
    Is it right?