Thread: ubuntu 10.10 x86 gnome-keyring config

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

ubuntu 10.10 x86 gnome-keyring config

just installed Ubuntu 10.10 x86 Desktop and I'm having issues finding the configuration for gnome-keyring. Basically, I don't want the keyring to remember my ssh key passphrase.

In 10.04, I ran the gconf-editor tool as root (sudo), and under apps>gnome-keyring>daemon-components, I unchecked the ssh option. This stopped the keyring from asking for the passphrase and instead I was asked each time in the terminal.

In 10.10, for some reason, there is no longer a gnome-keyring option anywhere in gconf-editor, nor an ssh option relating to the keyring. If anyone knows where the configuration for gnome-keyring has moved or any other way of disabling the keyring from remembering my ssh key passphrase, please let me know.

I appreciate the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: ubuntu 10.10 x86 gnome-keyring config

Can anyone help? Or know a better forum where I could ask this question?

Beans

I'm waiting for a response too buddy, though in my case it is for the gmail docky notifier

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well, I guess I answered my own question.

Go to System > Preferences > Startup Applications and uncheck "SSH Key Agent"

Found here: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Ssh

thomasboleyn - You can check out more about Gnome Keyring here:
    http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring

Also, when looking through the startup apps in the list, there was something about migrating settings from gconf to dconf.

Apparently, there is some other gnome config tool called dconf. I had to install a package called dconf-tools to get the command dconf-editor, but there was still no configuration for gnome-keyring that I could see.

Good luck in your search.

Beans

Thanks for updating me. I had a look at that link but couldn't really understand any of it, I tend to need Dummies illustrated guides to these things on linux.