Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot resume from suspend Ubuntu 10.10

Beans

Cannot resume from suspend Ubuntu 10.10

Cheers,

Here's the problem, my Ubuntu 10.10 can't wake from standby/suspend, there is just blank screen and nothing happens, only forced shutdown takes it down.

I have laptop Toshiba Satellite A210-128, and Ubuntu is installed on external hard drive(Seagate FreeAgent 2.5' 500 GB).

Other than that, everything works great. Please help!

Thx in advance!

Beans

Re: Cannot resume from suspend Ubuntu 10.10

I'm not sure what you're trying to do is possible. Doesn't that external drive get its power from the USB connector? Is the USB connector powered on while the computer is hibernated?
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Roby86 View Post
    Cheers,

Here's the problem, my Ubuntu 10.10 can't wake from standby/suspend, there is just blank screen and nothing happens, only forced shutdown takes it down.

I have laptop Toshiba Satellite A210-128, and Ubuntu is installed on external hard drive(Seagate FreeAgent 2.5' 500 GB).

Other than that, everything works great. Please help!

Thx in advance!
    I'm getting the same problem running 10.10 on my Toshiba NB305 from the internal HDD. It's very annoying; so far the only option I've found is shutting it down every time I put it away. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Have you found a workaround or patch for this?

Thanks,

Beans

Hmm dabl, I haven't thought of that to be honest, that may be the main problem. Yes, external usb disc is powered with one USB port, but this laptop don't have possibility to power USB devices while in standby. Thx for advice, I think that I can handle without standby.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus2k7 View Post
    I'm getting the same problem running 10.10 on my Toshiba NB305 from the internal HDD.
    Are you trying to do "hibernate" (Suspend to Disk) or "sleep" (Suspend to RAM)"? I have a Tosh NB205 with aptosid installed, and KDE, and it does not appear to have any problem with either S2RAM or S2Disk. If you are trying S2Disk, then you do need a swap partition that is about as large as your memory. For S2RAM, you shouldn't need anything special.

I'm a KDE user, but somewhere in your Gnome desktop are configuration settings for "powermanager" or "power devil" or whatever they call it -- better check and see what it is set to do when you "sleep" and/or "hibernate".
    Intel Core i7-950 / Asus P6X58D-E / Nvidia GTX480 / siduction 64-bit on OCZ Revodrive SSD / KDE4.10.2/ Kubuntu 13.04

Beans

Yes, same exact problem on my HP HDX 16. The computer will not wake up from either suspension or hibernation. I really hope this bug gets fixed sooner rather than later..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pizzystrizzy View Post
    Yes, same exact problem on my HP HDX 16. The computer will not wake up from either suspension or hibernation. I really hope this bug gets fixed sooner rather than later..
    I ve got the same problem on workstation - Asus P5Q Deluxe motherboard and Nvidia 8800 graphic card. Before Ubuntu 10.10 everything was OK on previous Ubuntu editions. This is not Ok this is downgrading of distro

Beans

I have this problem, too. I'm using an Asus N61Jv laptop with nVidia GeForce GT 325M graphics.

Beans

I have a Sony Vaio VPCCW1S1E and with Ubuntu 10.10 I cannot resume from suspend anymore. With 9.10 and 10.04 it worked as supposed to, but no more. I did try the fix presented in a thread here which suggested using boot parameter acpi_sleep=nonvs. That does prevent the laptop from rebooting, but makes it unusable after resume in any case.

Beans

no good
    i cannot resume after suspend on my MSI Wind U100
    on 10.04 resume worked flawlessly
    so who broke what in new release and why

maybe we need to tell ubuntu to unload some modules in /etc/default/acpi-support ?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast