Thread: control+PageUp/Down shortkeys for switching tabs don't work

Beans

control+PageUp/Down shortkeys for switching tabs don't work

Hey,

Recently I installed 10.10 and one problem annoying me few days. The problem is I can't use control+pageUp/Down for switching tabs in chrome and gnome-terminal. In terminal it outputs "5~".
    I was only able to find this mention of the problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-ter...480/comments/7

For details I'm on asus laptop so pageUp/Down are on numpad. Also I use an alternative layout for my keyboard (Russian).

Any thoughts appreciated.
    Last edited by grigory.soid; October 14th, 2010 at 02:57 AM.

Beans

Re: control+PageUp/Down shortkeys for switching tabs don't work

"My rug was also stolen." (Big Lebowski )

BTW Shift+Control+T in chrome also doesn't work (for reopen closed tab).

Switching tabs by C+PageUp/Down works in FireFox.

Beans

Up...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have the same problem! CTRL+PageUp or PageDown will do nothing on an open Terminal in the GUI. CTRL+Shift+PageUp or PageDown will move the terminal screen up or down a page (when possible). So, I cannot switch terminal tabs with the keyboard. Like grigory I have a laptop with a desktop layout (numpad). Turning num lock on/off changes nothing.

I'm running 9.10/Karmic on an Acer Travelmate. The only key I knowingly have changed in my Preferences is the Alt (in a futile attempt to make it work in the GIMP correctly).

Unlike grigory, the CTRL+Shift+T does re-open a closed tab in Chrome browser for me. The CTRL+PageUp/PageDown also does work in Firefox.

(note I am getting no newlines no matter how often I press ENTER here so sorry for the block of text. I don't know how to fix this)
    Last edited by Stomme poes; December 20th, 2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: manually added HTML break tags : (

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Aha, my problem is solved: I was using the 9 and 3 PageUp and PageDown keys... the ones under the 0 key on the numpad work fine.